Is Everything OK? -Raphael

Sweat dripped into my eye as I swung another punch at the dummy. I wiped the perspiration away angrily and continued my battle-- both physically and internally. My chest felt like it was going to implode from over-exertion and bottled up feelings. Each hit on the dummy now burned my joints, but every time I winced, I imagined that pain burning like acid into the Shredder.

My train of thought was directed from getting my revenge to my mother. The memory of her body morphed into an almost unrecognizable shape caused me to squeeze my eyes shut momentarily. But it was no use. Her mutated image was practically imprinted on the back of my eyelids.

My e/c orbs flew open as I landed a swift kick to the side of the dummy, but it's swinging motion was stopped by someone grabbing hold of it from behind. I glared over at Raph, who raised a brow at me.

"Your knuckles are bleeding again," He frowned down at my hands.

"I'm fine," I insisted stubbornly, walking over to my towel and water bottle and wiping the blood off my fingers.

"Yeah. Sure you are." Raph walked around the dummy and toward me, arms crossed. I made a face at his sarcasm, rolling my eyes and turning away.

"Talk to me," he continued, "What're you thinking?"

"You wanna know what I'm thinking?! Fine! Life sucks right now for me! Everything I knew is... Gone! My mom got mutated into a monster, I'm not allowed to leave the lair for more than half a second, and I barely know anyone here except you! I feel alone!"

My outburst left my knees weak. I sank to the floor, holding my head in my hands. Raph was next to me instantly, pulling me into a hug and murmuring comfortingly into my ear. I sobbed silently, not wanting him to let me go. My small frame shook with each onslaught of tears, but Raph kept me from completely falling apart.

"I'm alone," I whispered in despair.

"You're never alone, Beautiful," Raph tilted my chin up to look at my tear stained face, "Because I'll always be here."

I can't even. I just can't even. The feels are going to kill me. The struggle is real, my friends.

Raph: *rolls eyes* oh, quit being a drama queen.

Me: you think you can do better? Here. *hands him the story*

Raph: *huffs and starts reading* see? This isn't that... *continues reading* *gets a sad look on his face* *sniffles* oh geez. Annabeth! Why'd you make me read this?!

Me: I rest my case.