Trouble In Paradise - Raphael

8 months later...

"What. Is. This?!" I threw the magazine at Raph's plastron.

He scowled slightly, smoothing out the front cover to study the headline:

Y/N L/N SHOVES INNOCENT FAN OF RAPHAEL HAMATO TO THE GROUND!
WILL JEALOUSY AND OBSESSION CAUSE THIS COUPLE TO CRUMBLE?

Beneath, an amateur photograph of me, months ago, pushing aside the crazed teenager that had launched herself at my boyfriend.

"What do you want me to do about it?" Raph asked, frowning as he tossed the magazine back to me, "You know that isn't true, and I know that isn't true. That's all that matters, right?"

"Wrong!" I insisted, "They're calling me a stalker! They think I'm obsessed with you! You know I've been trying to book gigs to sing? They all have turned me down - they think I'm crazy! I can't get any jobs!"

Raph sighed in annoyance, "Fine, I'll just talk with some cafe owners and get them to realize --"

"Oh, you think that's it?" I interrupted, shifting through the stack of magazines I'd discovered, shoving a few more articles into his arms, "I've been accused of being pregnant twenty six times. Twenty six times, Raphael!"

He wrinkled his nose as he read headline after headline. "...So? You're not pregnant. What's the problem?"

"So?" I cried, "It's easy for you - ooh, Raphael, big muscles, great body, amazing eyes, ooh! Meanwhile, I'm getting criticized if someone snaps a picture of me from an unflattering angle!"

"Look, what do you expect from me?" Raph huffed, green eyes radiating exasperation in waves, "I can't exactly tell people not to take pictures."

"I'm not finished," I spat, seething in anger as I pulled out my last article, "When were you going to tell me about this?"

My boyfriend's eyes widened as he took in the photo of himself, liplocked with some platinum blonde with way too much eyeshadow on.

RAPHAEL'S NEW ROMANCE? HAS THE OBSESSIVE GIRLFRIEND FINALLY BEEN FORGOTTEN?

"That...That was an accident," He muttered.

"An accident?" I repeated, feigning innocent surprise, "Oh, an accident! Silly me, I didn't realize it was an accident, what with you MAKING OUT WITH A TOTAL STRANGER!"

"She jumped on me!" He defended himself heatedly, "I couldn't shove her off - I'd probably be accused of abusing her, for God's sake!"

"That's not what upsets me," I snapped, "What upsets me is the fact that you didn't even tell me! What were you trying to hide? Is it that you have feelings for one of those Little Miss Plastics out there?"

"NO!" He boomed.

"Then what is it?! Why won't you stick up for me?! Think about it, Raph - never once have you really ever confirmed whether I am a stalker, whether you love me or not!"

Raph didn't have an answer, the only response he gave me was his fists clenching tightly.

"I bet it's your little gathering of followers," My voice dropped to an angry whisper, "You don't wanna lose the attention from all of your fangirls, do you? Because if you tie yourself down, girls just might not fall at your feet anymore, hm?"

His silence was enough answer for me. I whirled around, ferociously wiping away my angry tears as I walked away from him, grabbing my purse and heading for the turnstiles.

"Where're you going?"

"Anywhere," I shot back, "As long as it's not around you. I need some time to think."

"Wait, Y /N!" Raph protested, "Please, I love you! I do!"

"Then prove it," I shouted furiously as I disappeared around the corner.