Old Phantoms - Michelangelo

I sighed as I looked at my outfit in the mirror in Mikey's room, huffing as I gazed at an outfit I'd worn three times in the last week. I seriously needed some more clothes.

I walked out into the living room, spotting Mikey watching Krognard. I walked over to him, taking a seat by him and kissing his cheek, "Hey, my turtle."

"What's up, my lady?" Mikey instantly replied, breaking into a grin as he looked over at me, "...Didn't you wear that shirt yesterday?"

I giggled softly. "Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. I need to get some stuff from my place..."

"I'll take you!" Mikey volunteered, "And then we can go get pizza! Yes! I've been wanting to take you out for a while."

I blinked, surprised by the sudden plans being made. "...Okay."

"Then what're we waiting for?" Mikey exclaimed, taking my hand and pulling me out of the lair.

-Le Time Skip-

I walked into my old bedroom, eyes downcast as I rustled through my drawers and gathered what I needed. Mikey stood at the door, looking around the room that neither of us had seen in so long. I hurried to the bathroom, gathering up everything I needed and grabbing my emergency stash of money from under my radio.

I turned to Mikey, a sad smile on my face, trying to hide my memories of my old house. I could practically hear my mom and dad's incessant arguing happening in the room just next door. Mikey gave me a reassuring grin in return, throwing an arm around my shoulders and saying, "Let's go get that pizza we talked about."

I nodded gratefully, and Mikey and I walked out. About halfway down the hall, I spotted a small, wrinkled paper on the kitchen table. I frowned, slipping out of Mikey's grasp to investigate. I picked up the note and turned it over, seeing To Y/N scribbled across the front in my mom's handwriting. I slowly opened the note and read:

Y/N,
I'm sorry, but I can't live with your father anymore. I don't know where you've been lately, but I had to get away from here. This house hurts my heart too much, and I know you'll be safe with your dad. I love you.
Mama

I clutched the paper in my hands shakily, sniffling a little and trying to fight back tears. I might've hated my parents' fighting, but I still loved them. I slowly turned aroun to see Mikey with a post it note in his hand.

"I found this," He started, his look sad as he handed me the sticky note, "It's for you."

My breath hitches in my throat as I read the words scrawled on the scrap:

Hey sweetie,
I'm going away for awhile. I don't know when I'll be back, but don't worry, mom will take care of you. You seem to be out a lot anyways so I'm not worried too much. Love you, baby girl.
Dad

Both the notes fluttered to the floor as tears began to flow down my cheeks. They...they both left? They must not have known the other had decided to go. And now... I didn't know where either my mom or dad were.

I raced into Mikey's arms, making him let out a soft oof! from my speed. I cried into his shoulder, and held me close, murmuring, "It's okay, Y/N. I'm here. I'll always be here."