Father's Day - All

All four girls sat on the bench in Central Park, each holding an ice-cream cone and enjoying the hot summer day under the shade of the aspens and oaks. Although, none of them were thinking about the nice weather.

"We used to come here all the time," D/G commented, eyes slightly misty as she took in the scene of families playing on the grass, "Back when Mom was still alive, we used to play frisbee in this field, every Father's Day. And now that she's gone... and Dad's a mutant..."

She trailed off, too embarrassed to unleash a flood of tears out in public.

"My dad used to take me to this little hotdog stand, in Times Square," L/G reminisced, staring at her two scoops of mint chip, "We'd get chili dogs, a churro to share, and two extra large Dr. Peppers. And then we'd wander around the city, trying to see who would be the first to finish all their food..."

The girl laughed a little, remembering the fun times she'd had with her father, but the laughter quickly died off when she was reminded she wouldn't be accepted back to celebrate Father's Day with him this year.

"...I can't even think of the last time my dad and I spent quality time together," M/G quietly spoke up, "The only tradition I remember us having died off way back when I had pigtails and was wearing tutus. And now, I don't even know where he is..." She sighed, scraping a bit of ice-cream into her mouth with her front teeth, "I dunno, it always seemed like he was too busy trying to get back at my mom to remember to spend time with me."

"At least you all knew your dads."

Three heads turned to look at R/G, who stared blankly at the wide expanse of lawn before them.

"My father left before Mom even knew she was pregnant with me," An almost angry spark ignited behind R/G's eyes, "He just up and went, and she didn't know where he'd gone. I never met him."

"R/G," M/G murmured, placing a hand atop her friend's, "I'm so sorry..."

"Don't be," R/G stopped her, taking a deep breath and taking another bite of her waffle cone, mumbling between bites, "We all have our sob stories when it comes to the daddy-dearest's in our lives. Best thing to do is move on."

Silence enveloped the group as they pondered the rebellious girl's words.

"Our dads might not be here to celebrate Father's Day with us," D/G said finally, "Heck, they might not even be worthy enough to be called fathers. But that doesn't mean we have to shut them out, right?"

"We don't have a choice, D/G," L/G explained dismally, leaning back against the bench, "Your dad's a mutant bird, M/G's father is who knows where, R/G and her mom got abandoned years ago, and I'm pretty much shunned from my family. They shut us out."

"But that doesn't mean we don't have someone to celebrate today," M/G put in.

Everyone thought for a moment, before R/G smiled.

"Master Splinter."

~~~

"My sons," Hamato Yoshi smiled, looking at the big block of cheddar cheese before him, "This is truly wonderful. Though it really was not necessary to get a gift."

"Sure it was, Sensei!" Mikey insisted, "You're the best dad ever, after all."

"For once, I actually agree with the knucklehead," Raphael jokingly said, casually throwing an arm around his younger brother's shoulders and beaming at his father, "You really do deserve it, Master Splinter."