Scaredy Cat - Donatello

I ran ahead of Donnie, turning down a random path and coming to the opening of the tunnel, shouting as loud as I could, "ECHO!"

I laughed delightedly when the noise bounced back at me, turning back to D, who now stood just behind me.

"This is so much fun!" I exclaimed, walking into a more open part of the sewers, "And it smells less worse than I thought it would..."

He chuckled, though his eyes were serious when he said, "You run so fast, I almost couldn't catch you. Thought I was gonna lose you."

"Pssh, I didn't go that far," I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Well, how'd you feel if I ran off like that?"

I faltered for a moment, ignoring the fact that that would be absolutely horrible and giving him another smile, "I'd know you wouldn't go too far away..."

He raised a brow, and then suddenly--

He wasn't there.

He disappeared. I gasped, and whirled around in a circle, but Donnie had was nowhere to be seen. Stupid ninja skills.

I huffed, trying to cover up the panic rising inside me as I called out, "A-Alright, you've m-made your point..."

No answer.

"D-Donnie?" I hurried toward a tunnel, "Donatello Hamato, this is so not funny anymore!"

Still nothing, and then my heart beat began to triple. I raced down the tunnel I thought was the correct one, crying out his name. Tears pooled in my eyes, and finally I plopped down and buried my face in my arms despairingly.

And then I felt someone brush my shoulder, and I looked up to see Donnie, worry etched in his features. I gasped in relief and practically threw myself into his arms.

"I-I'm sorry," he murmured, pulling me close, his voice filled with regret, "I shouldn't have done that. I thought you'd be fine, but then you went down another tunnel, and I couldn't find you, and--"

"I-it's okay," I cut him off, burying my face in his shoulder, "I-I just hate b-being alone, that's all..."

He pulled away to kiss my nose, saying sweetly with that gap toothed grin I love, "You'll never be alone. Not as long as I'm here."