Musicality - Donatello

Please read the notification I put at the beginning of the Leonardo scenario. Thanks! Warning: Possible spoilers if you haven't watched Hamilton or listened to the full soundtrack! You've been warned!

"Donnie... Donnie, honey..." I whispered, kissing my boyfriend's cheek to wake him up.

He opened his eyes groggily, his head still against the table as he peered up at me. "Hey... how long was I out?"

"All night," I admitted, grinning and easing a cup of coffee into his hands, before walking to the stove, where I was already preparing eggs and bacon. "Figured I'd let you sleep."

The boombox beside him was already playing happy tunes, a CD L/G had given to me. I'd opened the windows, and warm morning light poured into our simply furnished apartment, drenching my various canvases in a golden hue and brightening the multiple blueprints Donnie had splayed across the floor. Our lab/studio/home was becoming more personalized by the day, with my murals that were beginning to decorate the walls and an occasional scorch mark from one of his inventions taking a wrong turn.

It was messy, and unruly, and a complete work in progress, but it was ours.

I started when the bacon popped, hurriedly turning off the heat and pulling both pans of food off of the stove, shoveling the omelettes onto plates and artfully arranging the strips of bacon around them, catching the toast as it sprang from the toaster and deliberately placing each slice beside the culinary arrangements. I smiled, handing one plate to Donatello, straightening his deep lavender mask deftly as I sat beside him.

He smiled, the diastema in his grin making him that much more charming.

"Thank you, sweetheart," he murmured, placing a kiss just below my ear in gratitude. I'd found that since leaving the constant supervision and observance of his father and brothers, he'd become much more open with showing his affection for me with physical touches and soft kisses pressed to my skin.

"Don't mention it," I replied with a smile of my own, taking up my fork and taking a bite of egg, tapping my foot with the beat of the music playing.

Donatello listened to the melodies pouring from the boombox as he chewed methodically. "Never heard this one before. What album?"

"It's from a Broadway musical, Hamilton," I explained, humming softly to the tune, "an exquisite blend of early American history with hip hop and R&B music."

Donnie's eye ridges raised, surprised with my extensive knowledge on the subject. "Interesting."

I nodded smiling as I raised a piece of bacon to my lips. "It's quite good, actually. The rapping is awesome, and the song Burn? Amazing."

Donnie chuckled, watching my head bobbing to the rhythm of the soundtrack. I turned to look at him, deep in thought for a moment.

"You know, you kind of remind of me of Alexander Hamilton in a way."

He froze, his face reddening. "Me?"

I shrugged. "If you were uncontrollably abrasive and had slept with someone else while you were already in a committed relationship." I quickly finished the rest of my breakfast. "Maybe not. But he was among the most brilliant of the Founding Fathers, and I've no doubt you've got more intelligence than all of New York City."

I laughed, watching Donnie's face grow redder and redder. "I'm not that smart--"

"-Agree to disagree--"

"Even so. How could I possibly imagine committing infidelity?"D shivered at the very thought. "I've already got everything I've ever dreamed of, with you here."

It was my turn to blush. "You flatter me."

"Me? Flatter you? Never." Donnie smirked, pressing his lips to the curve of my neck before I teasingly slid away. 

I balanced my plate carefully in my hands, making my way to the sink with a demure smile, taking a shortcut to get there through the table, thanks to my intangibility. Donatello looked on with a faint grin, jumping a bit when I gasped in excitement.

"This one's my favorite!" I cried, tossing the dishes into the sink, former delicacy forgotten as I lunged toward the boombox and cranked up the volume to hear Aaron Burr's voice.

"Another one of those amazing Hamilton songs, I presume," Donnie observed.

I nodded, trying to explain in the short time before Burr began the lyrics. "Aaron is singing to his baby daughter, named after her mother, Theodosia. Alexander Hamilton also has just had a son, Phillip, with his wife, Eliza. They're both individually singing this to their newborns."

Donnie nodded in understanding, and I bounced on the balls of my feet with anticipation as Leslie Odom Jr. (the actor who plays Burr) began.

"Dear Theodosia, what to say to you? You have my eyes. You have your mother's name. When you came into the world, you cried and it broke my heart."

Donatello smiled warmly, rising from his seat at the table and making his way over to me just as I began to sing along.

 "I'm dedicating every day to you. Domestic life was never quite my style, When you smile, you knock me out, I fall apart,And I thought I was so smart," I sang in a soft undertone with Odom's voice, looking up sheepishly to meet his gaze. D only smiled, leaning down to kiss me.

"You're amazing, you know that?"

I swatted at his plastron. "There you go flattering me again."

Donnie laughed quietly, clearing his throat a bit as he leaned down to softly croon in my ear, "You will come of age with our young nation. We'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you. If we lay a strong enough foundation, We'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you And you'll blow us all away..."

My eyes lit up. "You...you know Hamilton?"

"You'd be surprised what your interests have compelled me to research, sweetheart."

Everyone, I just wanted to say... THANK YOU FOR 500 FOLLOWERS! I can't believe it! 500 people want to read MY stories! Thank you all so much! Oh, and one more thing. If you would like to get possible sneak peeks and some of my updates on what new news I discover pertaining to the TMNT fandom, feel free to follow my IG account! annabeth_the_ninja_turtle (or, as of this holiday season, annabeth_the_merry_turtle) Thank you again!