Twisted

We released the hug and looked in each other's eyes, I was the first who broke the silence between us. The silence was good in a way, we didn't argue.

"You do know that I am still very disappointed in you, right?" I asked quietly, he dropped my gaze and looked down at his hands.

"Yeah ..." He muttered and looked up again. "It doesn't matter how long it takes for you to completely trust me again, as long as you're still with me no matter what ... Through good and bad days remember?" I smiled at him. "We haven't had so many bad days while we've been together, and when it all happened, it got huge. We have to fight more ... Besides, people keep fucking telling me I've gotten soft." He laughed, I raised my eyebrows at him smiling.

"Oh yeah! You need drama in your life! Have you written any rape then?" I asked smiling, he coughed briefly.

"Yeah, I won't release them though, I think. It would cause rumors about me uhm .. Cheating and us breaking up."

"... Now I'm REALLY curious." I laughed. "What's the name of the songs then?"

(Note: Songs and albums are not in the correct order in the story as in real life!)

"The songs are called Twisted, Die Alone and So Much Better..."

"Wow ... Die Alone? So Much better?" I asked critically. "You were lower than me ... Can I hear them?" He met my gaze and nodded curtly.

"I guess ... Don't get fucking mad at me, I was ... I was just so fucking pissed when I thought you had gone back to Josh ..."

"Okay ... Come on." I said, and stroked his back encouraging, he cleared his throat and walked over to the mixing table and took out a sheet of paper before he got big eyes, he looked up and met my gaze. "Could you just, sing this in the mic?" He asked, handing me the paper, I got big sorrowful eyes when I read the text. It was amazing that Marshall had written this, it was deep and sensitive, unlike what he used to write. I almost got tears in my eyes when I read the words:

You sit there stone-faced, as if I'm not here. Can't you see that I've been crying? I didn't know you'd be insane, dreams can be so deceiving. You're an itch I can't reach, a wound that won't heal. The smell of skin that's burning, I didn't know you'd be insane. But it's true, and just say all I am to you ... 

I nodded and walked into the booth and stood in front of the microphone, Marshall began to fiddle with buttons and switches when I put on my headphones. He nodded at me and turned on the music, I began to sing as nice I could, I had never been involved in a song before, neither recorded a song with him. Which is rather strange since we've been together so long.

After two recordings I had sung the verses and choruses and walked out of the room to Marshall, he smiled at me briefly and pulled up a chair so I could sit next to him. I looked around the room and shook my head stated, I'm not cleaning up this shit ...

"I think ..." he said quietly and paused before he met my gaze. "I think it'll be great if I sing too ..." I got big eyes.

"You're gonna sing ??" I asked smiling, he nodded curtly and took up another sheet from his pocket before he stood up.

"Aigh't, just press the record button and press play here ..." he said and pointed out some buttons, I nodded before he went into the booth and put on his headphones. He started scribbling something more on the note before he gave me the thumbs up.

The music started and Marshall waited a bit before he opened his mouth and his quiet voice, the voice he sang with in Stronger Than I Was resounded through the room and created an emotional atmosphere. It was so lovely,' I can't sing' in my motherfucking ass!

"Pain In my neck, thorn in my side, stain on my blade, blood on my knife. Been dreaming of her, all of my life, but she won't come true, she's just my nightmare I woke up to!" Then he did something I had dreamed would happen, which I never thought would happen in real life! But here I stood and watched Eminem sing a song with me! He began to sing the chorus and the second verse !! "She's Twisted, he's a rebel, she's sick, he's hard to act, but the worst part of all is that he just don't care ... She's twisted like a rope that he's wrapped around her throat, but the worst part of all is she... She don't give a shit ..." Then  my verse followed by Marshall, the verse scared me a bit, but he looked into my eyes while he softly sang the words coming out of his mouth. "How did it come to this? Why do I fantasize to kill you when You're sleeping? I didn't know you feel the same, when I say you're no good, all you are to me is a ..." I looked at Marshall tearfully when he began to write more down on the paper and looked at it while he sang the last words. "But maybe I'm the twisted one that screwed this up, so I guess this means goodbye ... For now ..." He looked up at me and got big eyes when he saw me crying and dropped what he was doing and ran out of the room. He pulled me close to him. "Heey ..." he said comforting.

"What's the name of that song?" I asked wheezing, he laughed briefly and kissed me on my forehead.

"Twisted? Thought it was obvious ..." he chuckled, I poked him in the side with a smile.

"This wasn't bad at all, you really understood me ... I don't know if you know, but what you said is exactly what went through my head, you're insane ..." He chuckled.

"This isn't the one I warned you about ... So Much Better is the one you'll probably get mad at me about ..."

"Let me hear it then ..." I said and looked up at him, he looked into my eyes critically before he finally nodded curtly.

"You're gonna hate me, I'm sure of it ..". he said quietly and walked into the booth again.