Vodka

"HOW IS HE!?!" Everyones eyes looked up quickly when we heard rapid footsteps at the end of the hall and met the eyes of Angel and Jake. "Mom, dad ..." she said, and fell into the arms to me and Marshall while she sobbed and tears ran down her cheeks. I started crying again too, Marshall was totally exhausted. He had bags under his eyes, his eyes were dry while he hugged Angel with blank, staring eyes into the wall. I met his eyes when he turned to me.

"Sleep, Marshall. Just sle--"

"I CAN'T SLEEP KNOWING MATTHEW'S HERE, GODDAMNIT!" He howled and burst into tears again.

"How is he ..? People at school keep asking me ..." Jake said quiet after Marshall's outburst. Taylor leaned close to me, I let my arm around her comforting with a sniff.

"And me, they won't stop calling and the news already know the story ..." Angel added, Taylor looked up quickly with large eyes.

"Everything ..?" She asked, Angel nodded and gave her a brave smile.

"No details though, only that ... That he's been shot ..!" She said, I stroked her back comforting as Thomas came walking into the waiting room with a small smile. I got big hopeful eyes.

"IS HE AWAKE !!" I exclaimed, then Marshall looked up too.

"No ..." He answered and smiled at us short. "The bullet hit an artery in his chest, he nearly punctured a lung, but it missed by 1 inch. He's in a lot of pain, Mrs. Mathers, so we put him in a coma for his own good with a lot of pain-killers ... However, I do have some good news. He's showing signs, he's strong and he's fighting." He looked into my eyes. "Don't worry too much, Matthew knows what he got in you all and he's fighting for you ..."

"Thank you ... I'm happy, so darn happy ..." I said and looked over at Marshall, he didn't let his gaze from Thomas.

"Is he gonna make it?" He asked, his voice trembling.

"... We don't know, sorry ..." He said, I got tears in my eyes and looked at Marshall as he stood up from his chair and stormed down the hall.

"Marsha ---"

"FUCK OFF !!!" He yelled and punched the wall, I looked over at Taylor, Angel and Jake tearfully.

"Go, Angel and Jake'll keep me in company ..." Taylor said and laid her head on Angels thighs, she sniffed loudly when I got up and ran after Marshall. I pushed open the door and stared into his back, he stood right in the hallway, facing the room 69 ...

"Marsha--"

"It's my fault ..." he said through clenched teeth.

"You know it isn't ---"

"YES IT IS JESSICA!" He screamed and turned to me. "Didn't you hear it ?? THEY FUCKING SHOT HIM BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T LIKE ME! TAYLOR SAID IT !!" He got big eyes, flexed his muscles and he got extended nostrils. Shit ... "I'm gonna fucking kill them." I got big eyes, he has said such a thing before, but never with so much determination in his voice. "I'm gonna fucking kill those son of a bitches!" He said and pushed me away.

"MARSHALL !!" I shouted after him and jumped at the door before he got a chance to open it, cause I was standing between him and the door.

"Move." He said hard.

"No, stop this---"

"Move..." he said again. "Move, or else I'll fucking break your goddamn neck." He said, I got big eyes and moved away. He met my gaze briefly before he burst out the door and walked briskly past the waiting room, Taylor popped up in front of him.

"Marshall, what's going on?" She asked quickly.

"Move your ass, that's what's going on. MOVE!" He screamed and pushed her away, she looked after him when he stomped past her and met my terrified gaze with big eyes and ran over to me.

"What's going on ?? Why's he so mad ??" She asked and looked at me scared, I looked down at her.

"He's gonna kill them ..." I whispered. "He's gonna fucking kill them ..." I said and looked after him as he kicked open the door and disappeared out of sight.

_________ Marshall's POV______

I'm gonna fucking kill them. Slit their damn throats and shoot them. I opened the car door and started the engine as I skidded out of the hospital, fucking HELL. I'll fucking KILL those bastards !!

I drove out of 8 Mile road and approached the alley Taylor had said it all happened, it was police tape around the 'crime scene'. I stopped the car and walked out, I didn't fucking care about the police shit, I slipped under it and walked over to something red on the ground, I stared at the little pond of red blood. Matthews blood, my son's blood ... my blood.

"EMINEM !!!!" I turned around annoyed, there were three teenage girls. They jumped up and down with big grins on their faces. "Can you sign this and this and ---"

"LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE !!" I screamed and pulled the hood over my head while I walked over to the car.

"What the fuck? Thanks for the music, Asshole!" Shouted one after me, that was the fucking straw.

"Jenny, you shouldn't have sai ---"

"No, you shouldn't, bitch! I'M IN A BAD MOTHERFUCKING MOOD! UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET HURT, LEAVE ME ALONE!" They jumped and looked at me scared, what the fuck is wrong with me!? They're the only kids !! I can't scream at kids! "AAAAGH !!!" I yelled annoyed and got into the car quickly, I need something to calm me down .... Holy shit, the next thing I see, I'll fucking kill ... I drove up to the house and didn't bother parking the car properly before I jumped out and smashed in the door of the house. I need ... SOMETHING. QUICKLY.

Damn it, I've got nothing---

I turned slowly toward the liquor cabinet. I looked at it critical, why do I even have that... Wait... 

I thought back on when I used to drink, I forgot everything and became completely emotionless... I just needed a little bit... For the pain... The hole in my fucking chest! Just a little bit...

I'm sober ... I can't ruin 7 years of sobriety because-- FUCK THAT! No, Jesus ... I almost died. I can't risk that ... But I won't be able to sleep ... Matthew's in the hospital and the doctors don't even fucking know if he's gonna make it ... And I yelled at Jessica, I threatened here.

I picked up a bottle of Vodka.

She's scared of me, I scared her. I scared Taylor, probably Angel too ... I don't have nobody, they're afraid of me. They hate me, I hate me ... I deserve it, if I die ... I'll deserve it, I don't give a fuck anymore. Everything I love, I ruin in one way or another. I can't take it no more, so one more time for old times sake ... I want to forget, to be happy ... I want to forget the pain i cause my family... I wan to forget everything... If I die... I'll die happy, and I'll see Matty if he doesn't... If he doesn't make it, if he fucking dies, I'll see him again.

I brought the bottle to my lips and began to drink. Holy shit, this felt good... This is the first time in 7 years, where I got completely drunk...