Prologue

copyright

Lets see how this turns out!

"Come on, Louis," Niall persisted, yanking Louis' hand hard enough that he stumbled and his shoulder almost popped out of its socket.

Louis was tempted to cry out in pain but he dug his nails into his palm, panting and trying to keep up with his fellow endangered Omega.

Niall was frantically looking around for a darker blur, a darker shadow in the dark. He was told the previous night about the abandoned house in the woods and he knew that it was the last hope for him and his best friend.

Niall wanted to stop for a rest as bad as his friend, but he knew he couldn't. It was constantly on his mind, the people who were following.

Neither boy were glad these days that they were born Omegas. The number of Omegas was dwindling, so the government had taken it upon themselves to gather all the remaining unmated Omegas, so they could be distributed amongst the wealthiest, most powerful Alphas.

Niall and Louis had been lucky enough to have been able to escape, on the run for the last couple of years. They were more like brothers to each other now than just best friends. They didn't want to have to Mate against their will to someone who wasn't even their true Mate.

"Niall!"

Louis' whispered shout brought Niall out of his reverie and he looked back at Louis, who pulled him to a stop.

The other Omega was pointing frantically at something north-west and, if Niall looked closely, he could see a dark shape. He had to hold himself back from squealing in joy, as he knew they weren't safe yet. They would never be safe again.

Changing direction, the boys, clinging to each other's fingers, ran towards the darkness.

It was closer than the Omegas expected and, when they reached the tree line around the property, they stuttered to a stop, watching the building curiously. It definitely looked abandoned.

They took tentative steps closer until they had finally reached the front door, the red paint peeling and chipped.

Niall was the one who struck up the courage to turn the door knob and push the door open, creak by creak.

Finally, they stepped inside.

When nothing jumped out at them, they took a few more steps, each step more and more confident. At the bottom of the stairs, the Omegas looked at each other and they finally allowed themselves to smile, the muscles in their faces protesting after not having smiled for so long. They giggled as they ran up the stairs and from room to room, never letting go of each other's hand.

The last room was a bedroom and they wasted no time in jumping into the bed and under the thin covers. Louis couldn't remember the last time he'd been in a proper bed. They didn't care about how dirty the bed was, the darkness keeping the truth hidden, but they reasoned with their minds that they were already dirty enough and nothing could harm them.

Falling asleep in each other's arms was the best either of the boys had felt in a long time, but of course nothing is ever easy.

What do you think? My prologues are never good!

50 reads and 20 votes to update again?

Tell your friends!