chapter 2

Like I said... I run, and I'm always running. I was surprised when I woke up in the forest today, just passed out on the ground. There were multiple things wrong with this. To start with, I always sleep in trees. People are less likely to see me if I'm in a tree. The first thing that comes to mind was that I fell out of the tree, but I was in the middle of a clearing with none anywhere close enough to fall from, and even if I did fall, I'm pretty sure I would have woken up. I don't remember falling asleep, and why would I sleep out in the open? I'm also a very light sleeper, but I hadn't slept that hard and long in months. I was so confused, when somebody cleared their throat behind me. I grabbed my gun, and sprung to my feet. (Yes, I sleep with a gun at side, and no I am not scared of pulling the trigger in my sleep.)

"Alex," I point my gun at the heart of the guy sitting on a tree stump. "Alex, it's ok. I'm not going to hurt you." Hallow words. The first thing I noticed was that the guy had no pants, but then I noticed why. He had hooves.

"How do you know my name? I never tell my name to anyone." I accuse him, not lowering my gun.

"Your name is Tempest. You just go by Alex. I know that, because I was a friend of your father's." I still didn't lower my weapon.

"Ok, second question" I nod at his legs. "Why are you half sheep?" the guy sighed in exasperation.

"Why doesn't anybody get it right? I'm half GOAT."

"Oh well of course. That clears it all up." I say sarcastically.

"I'm a satyr." He said, as if this should be the most obvious thing in the world.

"Like in those myths my dad used to tell me as bedtime stories?" I say in a bored voice.

"Yes. I'm here to take you to Camp Half Blood, the only safe place in the world for people like you."