Chapter 72

Chapter 72: Percy

What just happened? What happened to Alex? Oh come on we were so close! I thought that we got rid of the stupid curse, but apparently turning Circe into a guinea pig only made things worse.

I pull the dagger out of the door. Fortunately, the blade didn't actually hit me, but it murdered my shirt. I blink, and Hecate had vanished. I monitored a silent conversation between Leo and Piper. They were obviously hiding something from the rest of us, but I didn't know how to bring that up, so I forced myself to ignore it.

“So, uh… what now?” I ask. Nobody really seemed to know what to do next.

“There's nothing we can do.”  Nico exclaimed. Leo looked down at his feet. “You all understand what happened right?” Nobody spoke, but it seemed pretty clear. Alex turned evil. Alex turned into Circe. But there had to be something we could do. There is always something we can do.

“Nico's right.” Annabeth pointed out. “There's nothing we can do at this point. We don't even know where she went.” Leo looked up suddenly.

“Where would Circe go?” He demanded. He looked at Piper and Annabeth. “You have to look at it in Circe's point of view. Annabeth, Piper, say you suddenly woke up in Marie Antoinette's body. What would you do?” Annabeth wrinkled her nose.

“Eh. I probably wouldn't be able to do anything until I changed clothes. Those dresses are ridiculous.” Ignoring the second part, Leo snapped and pointed her, not being able to hold still.

“Exactly. C'mon.”