Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Alex

Every minute longer I stayed at Camp Half Blood, the harder it gets for me to leave, and the more I know that I have to. Annabeth found some celestial bronze bullets for my gun, but I would have to use them extremely sparingly. She promised it would kill the monsters now. And my ‘siblings’ from the Hecate cabin were all being extremely nice, and explaining a lot of the ups and downs of being a demigod. “But of course you have the monsters trying to kill you the second that you leave the camp” said one kid, wincing. “…and then there are all the gods who hate your parent that are trying to kill you…”

By midnight I knew that I had to leave TONIGHT. I packed all my things into my bag (including the weapons that I had received recently, although I couldn’t help but feel bad about that.) around two in the morning, I was sure that everyone in camp was asleep, so I snuck out.

Apparently I was wrong about nobody being awake. There were these strange chicken ladies that I recognized as harpies (maybe?) from my dad’s ancient Greek lessons when we were on the road. Technically I was ‘homeschooled’ (Not that we actually had a home) but he only taught me things that he considered as important.  Greek mythology was one of those things.

I hid from a few more of the strange chicken ladies, and snuck to the edge of the camp, where the huge tree stood on top of the hill. I was almost out, and I honestly believed that I had made it. I looked back once, which is more than I have ever done for one place before, but I had to leave, or else I was going to end up killing one of my friends. It was sad for me to think that I had friends, because that means I have more people to watch out for than just myself.

I have to leave, I told myself. You can’t tie yourself down to one place. I’m just endangering everybody’s lives, I think bitterly. This was so strange for me. I watched the sleeping camp for a few minutes, which was a mistake. Somebody was slinking from the woods behind one of the cabins, and spotted me on the top of the hill. I couldn’t tell who it was, but they obviously knew who I was. I had to go. I had to RUN.

I watched as the person stuck to the shadows and made their way behind the cabins, up to where they could see me better. I figured I should check who it was, which was my third mistake. I stepped backward into the shadow of the big tree, when I finally realized who it was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: The chapters are so short because they were origanally posted on instagram, (and they are still being posted on instagram. i'm the_demigod_wizard_timelord if anybody wants to read ahead). but sorry if its an inconvenience. Please give me feedback about what you think of it!!!! Thanks!!!!