Chapter 62

Chapter 62:  Alex

“Boo.” He grinned. I hugged him so tightly, he gagged. I let go and he looks into my eyes. “You’re crying,” he gasped. I wipe my eyes quickly.

“What? No I’m not.” I say hastily, but he just smirked. I grabbed my head in pain. The screaming was overwhelming.

“Alex, what’s wrong?” he said, panicking. “Alex?” I gasp again, and breathe hard. The screaming stopped.

“Screaming. So much screaming. Pain.”  I took a moment to recuperate, then Leo stood up, and held out his hand, which I didn’t take.

“Right,” he muttered quietly. I stood about a foot away from him, and we locked eyes. Then I punched him hard in the shoulder.  “Ah” he cursed. “Seriously?”

“Don’t even THINK about dying on me again.” He grinned, and rubbed his shoulder.

“Right. No more dying.”

“C’mon, we have to go. I think Circe was the one screaming. It sounded painfully.” I ran toward the castle before Leo could say more. I felt horrible. My emotions were really screwed up, and I had no idea how I felt.  I had never felt like this before, and whatever it is, it was terrible.

I finally understand the grumpy cat pictures.

I ran as fast as I could, because I had a feeling something bad was happening at that moment, and my suspicions were proved when I came into the clearing in front of the castle. I slid to a stop and Leo came up next to me. “Oh gods,” he muttered, and we looked up as the image of two people, holding each other in their arms, falling off the top of the tallest spire of the castle.