Chapter 21

Chapter 21: LEO

There was way more to Alex than she let on. I could see that now. Even though I have only known her for a couple of weeks, I could talk to her easier than I could talk to anybody else.  Maybe that was a bad thing though. But I don’t think that she would leave again. First off, she realizes now how dangerous it would be, even though there were so many unanswered questions. She was the only one who I didn’t feel like I had to always hide what I was feeling all the time. She probably understood me better than anybody else, but there was still a lot I didn’t tell her, and a lot I didn’t want her to know. There was a lot I didn’t want anybody to know, and a lot I keep to myself, especially when it comes to emotions, but that’s all for the better.

To be honest, I’m cowardly and useless sometimes, but as far as I’m concerned I didn’t want anybody else to know that. I guess that’s why I try so hard to crack jokes all the time… even with Alex; especially  with Alex.

My dreams have also gotten worse and worse. I keep dreaming about things that don’t make sense. It seems to me that something big is about to happen, but I don’t know what. It could just be that the gods are screwing with us. They seem to like to cause trouble a lot. Aphrodite has been of no help to me in my life either, now that you mention it.

I try not to think of it as I walk down to the Arena. I thought I should be alone, but I soon realized I wasn’t. When I walked in, Alex was sitting on the ground in the middle of the arena with her back toward me, I thought she might be hurt, so I took a step forward, then realized that she was setting up plastic cups in a row. She stepped away from them, still not noticing my presence. I watched as she tried moving the cups with her eyes. She was trying to control her magic! After a few failed attempts, she was able to stack the six cups into two miniature pyramids. She smiled, happy with her triumph of the day. Figuring that it would be safe to come in know, I greeted her as if I just arrived.

“Oh hey Leo,” she said, startled. “I didn’t think I would see you here. I thought you didn’t like sword fighting.”

“I don’t” I confessed. I preferred tricks and fire and traps. “Chiron told me to come here and work on my swordsmanship ‘cause he thinks I need to ‘improve dramatically’ or something like that.”