Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Leo

Annabeth volunteered me to go fly into the sea of monsters and help Alex defeat an evil sorceress that will probably try to turn me into a guinea pig…sounds fun! We spoke to Chiron and he agreed, but it wasn’t really like we gave him a choice. We were going whether we had his permission or not. Luckily though, he agreed with every word, and Grover did decide to come along first too. Grover’s stories from the sea of monsters were even more pathetic than Percy’s.  I wonder how strange my memories will be.

So far, it hasn’t been good.

It started last night when I was in Bunker 9, finishing up a project. That was when I heard the voices. It was a horrible, raspy whisper that sounded like children, and it was coming from nowhere. Or maybe it was coming from everywhere. Either way, it was creepy. It was SINGING. It was singing a nursery rhyme that my mother used to sing to me as a child, but it had different words. The lyrics were all screwed up, and the singing was slow, distant and haunted.

Olympus is calling//Olympus is falling//dawn on the day that marks the night//and she shall rise//when the evening dies!

I don’t know if I have heard anything freakier. I hadn’t told anybody about it, but I figured I should.  Olympus is falling? There was no way for me to twist that into making it sound like a good thing. It haunted my dreams tonight again too. It was the same raspy voice, but it was not the voice of children. It was no longer singing, but beckoning. It seemed to get closer and closer, and louder every time it repeated it.

Olympus is calling. Olympus is calling. Olympus is calling.