Chapter 53

Chapter 52: Alex

“Leo? Are you ok?” Leo came onto the top deck looking pretty shaken up. “Nightmare?” I ask casually.

“Ya. Something like that.” He muttered. He jumped back to life when Festus started to creak and groan. “Circe’s island isn’t all the far away!” he called back. “Go to the kitchen and iris message the others!” I nod and rush to the kitchen, grabbing a golden drachma out of a bag of them we kept in the kitchen. Iris messages are weird. It’s a pay-phone video chat thing through water. I wonder whose brilliant idea that was.

“Alex!” Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper and Hazel were all sitting around a camp fire.

“Hey guys! Look, we are really close to Circe’s island, but I think the three of us should check it out before all of you show up.” Piper and Hazel nod understandingly. The rest probably still weren’t sure whether to trust me or not, but Hazel and Piper believed me. “So how far away are you?”

“Less than a day. We are just on an island not too far away.” The rest of the campers where taking every other mean of transportation such as chariot and Pegasus and enchanted-flying vans. Hazel was riding her lightning fast horse, Arion. “Ya, you should go, and we’ll be there to back you up in less than less than 24 hours.” I nod.

“I’ll tell the others.”

“Just be careful.” Percy warned. So maybe they haven’t completely lost faith in me yet. I nod, and cute off the signal. I could already feel the ship flying lower.

“We ready to land?” I call to the upper deck, as I grab my backpack off my bed and put my knife and gun on my belt. I ran back up to Leo and Nico and Grover, and they were all getting ready too.

“One rule,” Grover brought up after we safely landed in the cover of the trees. “We HAVE to stick together the entire time. Got it?” We all nod, and we departed from the ship into the woods. We started walking randomly, not really having any kind of trail to follow. I glanced back once, just in time to see Grover and Leo evaporating into thin air.

“Oh my gods!” Nico and I stare at each other. “What just…” I blinked, and suddenly I was standing in an empty thrown room. “Happened.” I finish flatly.

“They can’t hear you Alex.” I spin around and I suddenly knew who’s thrown room this was.

 Circe’s.