Chapter 57

Chapter 57: Leo

I've been having these dreams, and Arabeya has been beaconing me to come see her. She was in the dungeons of Circe's castle, and she was giving me mental directions down there. I figured I wasn't going to have a better chance to escape. As far as I knew, they didn't even notice me leave.

“Hello Leo.” She said gravely. “We are too late.” I raise an eyebrow.

“What? Circe hasn't taken over Alex yet though! We can still stop it!” I shout in defiance. She shook her head sadly.

“I'm sorry. She's weak. It doesn't matter what Circe thinks, because its a curse, and if you overdo it, it can fall apart easily. Magic can be very unpredictable.”

“It's a curse!” I shout. “There's always a way to break a curse!” She didn't look any happier.

“There is only one way, but the stakes are high, and the chances are extremely slim.” I had no idea what she was talking about. Why is it that these people always talk in riddles? It gets old quickly.

“It doesn't matter! We have to try! Tell me what it is and we have to have try!” She shook her head.

“It's not that simple. If it doesn't work… well it will leave her even more evil, and she will have no hope in coming back.”

“Well I cant just stand here doing nothing!” She frowned.

“You're not going to be so keen on it once you hear what you are risking.” She warned. I suddenly realized what she was talking about.

“I would have to die.” I state plainly. Arabeya looked apologetic.

“It it fails, than yes. You die.” I gulp. Dying wasn't really something I wanted to do, but I really didn't want to live to see the day when Alex would rule the world as an evil sorceress.

“I don't care. I have to do something.”

“Would you seriously die for her?” Circe's voice filled my head. How did she do that? “Would you honestly risk your life to save a girl that doesn't even care about you? She doesn't care what happens to any of you.” You're wrong, I thought bitterly. Circe wasn't going to try getting into my mind this time. I turned to Arabeya.

“What do I have to do?”