Chapter 41

Chapter 41: Alex

“Oh come on, I doubt that they just forgot about you all together.” Leo sighed helplessly, trying to convince me that people didn’t completely forget me when I was on the run.

“No, they all did. It’s like there entire memory of me was just erased!” I cried.

“Oh come on Alex, you know that isn’t true.”

“Then tell me Leo, when was the first time we met?” Leo smirked.

“The first day you came to camp, and Chiron asked me to show you around.”

“WRONG! We met two years ago, when you ran away for the sixth time, right before you went to the wilderness school.” Leo’s jaw dropped.

“WHAT?”

“Yes, I needed your help finding my father again, and you helped me. We camped out together for nearly a week, which is longer than I usually stayed anywhere. Leo, you were one of the only people who were ever genuinely nice to me, and you finally helped me recue my father.” Leo blinked, but of course he never remembered any of it, because nobody ever does. “Didn’t you ever wonder how the government finally caught up with you? That was because of me! I had told them where you were after I got my father back. I needed to get rid of you, so I just told the government where you were and walked away when you were begging for my help when they finally found you.” My voice was shaking in anger.  I knew I was going to regret telling him this, but I was sick of lying to him. He deserved to know what I did.

“But, I… no. No,” he was shaking his head. He looked utterly horrified.

“I betrayed you before you even knew my name.” I say coldly. He stared at me, open mouthed. We locked eyes, and I knew he wanted anything for me to yell, “April fools!” but of course I couldn’t.

He was never going to trust me the same way ever again.