Chapter 61

Chapter 61: Alex

            “LEO!” I run over to his limp body. My heart was racing. It leaped out of my chest and ran away to somewhere less painful. I kneel down next to him, feeling his heart, but his pulse was slow. “Leo! Leo no! Don’t die on me!” I grab his hand, and with half-shut eyes, he looks at his hand then back up at me. There was nothing I could do. “Leo, please. Please” I beg, but I knew it was useless. He was dying. I looked around, but I knew there was nobody here to help.  “Please” I whisper desperately.

            “I’m sorry Alex.” He said, squeezing my hand.

            “Leo, don’t you dare die on me!” I shouted stubbornly. He just smiled.

            “Good luck.” Those were his famous last words. His hand went limp. He was gone.

            “Leo,” I wined.

            “Did you really underestimate my powers, you foolish girl?” Circe’s voice filled my head. I got up as if she was in the sky or something. I look around desperately.

            “Show yourself ypu coward! Why did you do this? He didn’t have to die!” I screech.

            “Because, you idiotic child, his death would be the one thing to hurt you most. Yes Tempest, you have friends now, and their deaths are the one thing that will shatter your soul. Friends are a horrible burden that you now carry.” She laughed, in a high pitched cackle. “Long ago, they warned me what I was messing with, when I created this curse. Oh yes, I knew the risks. Magic doesn’t always work the way it should, but I have no doubt that you will soon see the light.” Anger boiled up inside me. She dare kill my friends? Her magic lead me to his death. She lured me here so I could watch him die. They will all die soon enough. They will all die because of me. This was all my fault. No! I tell myself defiantly. That’s what she wants you to think!

            “I will NEVER join you!” I scream.

            “We shall see about that!” I turn back to Leo, lying there, lifeless. A trace of his last smile had never left his face. His blood was still fresh on ground around him.

            “Leo,” I whisper. I bent down at his side. Sadness swept over me. I grabbed his hand one more time, as his last bit of his life left his body. It started to snow. The little crystals fell from the sky, starting to collect on the ground around us. No two snowflakes where the same, just like no two people are the same. And now Leo was gone forever. I squeezed my eyes shut.

My name is Tempest Alexandrea Parker. I am the girl who ran. I am the girl without love. I am the girl who was cursed. I am the girl who lied. I don’t make friends; I don’t make connections with people; I don’t even tell them my real name. I AM THE GIRL WHO BROKE HER OWN RULES. I am Tempest, I am Circe, I am the daughter of Hecate. I bent over him, feeling where his heart was. I opened my eyes, and cried for the first time in sixteen years. Silent tears were streaming down my face.

And that was the moment I turned human.I blink, and a tear rolled down my cheek and landed on his chest. Then suddenly I could feel his heart beat again. I pulled back my hand in confusion, and Leo gasped for breath, breathing hard. Screams echoed inside my head, as I stare down at a fully conscious Leo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, Hey guys! Do you guys like it so far? COMMENT, VOTE & SHARE! Please! I really need your feedback on this, so thanks! Please be completely honest and vote for it if you like it.