Chapter 67

Chapter 67: Leo

I’m toast. Alex’s mouth dropped open. “You knew?” She looked me straight in the eyes, but I couldn’t look back into her piercing violet ones. I looked away, and she sighed, exasperated. “Well would you mind telling me?” Of course I couldn’t. If I told her, she would be trying too hard. It’s not like you can just tell somebody to love. I look at Piper desperately. Luckily, she completely understood the situation.

“He didn’t tell you because I told him not too.” She lied. Even I kind of believed her. She was using her charmspeak again. “He asked me my opinion whether to tell you, but I warned him not to. I’m sorry Alex. This is my fault so don’t blame Leo.” I stare up Piper in complete shock. She was lying to protect Alex… and to protect me. But why? I could answer that myself. She was a child of Aphrodite, no matter how much she tried to hide it. I look up gratefully, and she gives me a warning glance not to say something stupid.

“Well can you tell me now?” She asked a little softer, but keeping her arms crossed. I’ll admit, Piper is a pretty quick thinker if she came up with this all of a sudden.

“You have to kill us. All of us.” Alex looked down at her feet.

“And you thought I would have done it.” She whispered. Piper shook her head.

“No, Alex! It wasn’t that at all. It’s actually the complete opposite. I know you would never kill us, it’s just that I thought you might join her, to protect us.” Alex nodded, but I don’t know if she really bought it. I felt pretty crappy about lying to her. I got so wrapped up in it, I had completely forgotten that Circe was still there.

“Well, well, well.” She smirked “how… interesting. Yes, very interesting indeed.” Alex stormed toward her.

“I am DONE with you and your” She wasn’t able to finish her sentence. Circe flicked her wrist and Alex went flying back into the wall.

“ALEX!” I took a step toward her, but suddenly there was a dagger pressing against my throat. I glance over at Piper and the same thing had happened to her. I stare desperately at Alex.

“Oh, how entertaining. So why is it that you still care so much about her, when she can never love you back? It must be tough for you isn’t it. Oh right, you must be used it by now.” Piper looked apologetically at me. But unfortunately, every word she said was true.