Chapter 54

CHAPTER 54: Leo

I didn't love Alex. Right? Even if I did she would never like me back. Then again, nobody ever has, so what's the difference. I learned my lesson from telling people I had a crush on them before, and I sure as hell wasn't going to make that mistake with Alex. Circe was walking around the spherical shape in the middle of the room. I tried to push Alex out of mind.

“Leo, do you know what this for?” I shook my head. “It's the key for all of you to join me.” She said softly.

“I doubt that.” I mutter. She raised an eyebrow.

“Oh yeah? Just watch.” She snapped her fingers, and Nico, Grover, and Alex materialized on opposite corners of the room.

“Nico! Leo! Grover! What happened? What is that thing?” Alex demanded.

“It can hold spirits, and bring back the dead.” Circe announced, walking around the room to each of us. Nico stood stone cold, and Circe stroked his arm and shoulders. “Oh come on Nico DiAngelo. Yes, even Bianca.”

“That's impossible. You know that.” He said, still not moving. She smiled.

“Then explain this.” She pushed Nico to the ground, and four ghostly shapes emerged from the sphere and one materialized in front of all of us. Nico swished his hair out of his eyes as a girl appeared in front of him.

“Bianca," he moaned. I tried to rack my brain for the name, and I'm pretty sure it was his sister, though I had never met her. She died before I came to camp.

The spirit in front of Grover formed into someone who I didn't recognize, and I finally noticed the form in front of me. “Mom.”