Epilogue

Epilogue: Leo

I sat down next to Alex, looking across the lake. Everything seemed to be going pretty well. Neither one of us had almost died recently: that must be a good sign. Heck, I had a girlfriend now! How can things get much better?

I look over at her now, but she was frowning. “What’s wrong?” she looked at me and smiled weakly.

“The prophecy,” she pulled out the small piece of paper from the pocket of her jacket. Truthfully, I had completely forgotten that there WAS a prophecy, but I took the paper and re-read it.

“The girl who stands alone must decide

A thousand lives to be taken or hide

The rebirth of power to rise to strength

Loyalty to be chosen shall go a great length

No lies shall be told so watch your tongue

But here together you will not work as one

Be warned of the goddess who is not as she seems

And the new point in time must rise to Hecate”

I turn back to Alex, who was frowning again.

“It doesn’t make sense. None of it does. The girl who stands alone; me. But I wasn’t given any decision! I didn’t take a thousand lives-“

“Maybe it means all the lives you’ve taken in your life. You embraced the curse by not caring. Your father didn’t hide you from the curse, he had you work with it. Also, I’m sure it’s just a ballpark number.” I said quickly, looking at the horror on her face.

“I’m the cause of a thousand deaths?” I opened my mouth to say more, but she waved it aside. “No, it’s fine. I shouldn’t be surprised by that.” I looked back down at the paper.

“The rebirth to power thing is kind of obvious.” I continue. “The loyalty could either be you or Hecate. I’m not sure.”

“What about the lies though? –and here together you will not work as one- what does it mean? Who is it talking about?” She demanded. I put my arm over her shoulders.

“Alex, relax. Not everything has to make complete sense.” The goddess who wasn’t who she seemed was Hecate, but the prophecy had a lot of questions left in it. Alex took a deep breath.

“It’s not over, is it?” It was move of a statement than a question. “It will never really be over, will it?” I looked around the lake. Annabeth and Percy were splashing around in the water like a bunch of little kids, Hazel ad Frank were holding hands and walking down the beach, laughing and talking with Jason and Piper. Connor and Travis Stoll were running away from what seemed to be the entire Ares cabin, who were all armed with deadly looking weapons. Some Aphrodite girls were sitting around, giggling while doing their nails.

“Our lives are just never ending stories.” I muse. I turn to her, smiling. “It will never be over.” She put the prophecy back in her pocket.

“Well, you know what they say,” she said, taking my hand. “The best stories live forever.”

We got up, as Connor and Travis came running towards us, with the Ares cabin trailing them. “A little help here?” Travis called. Alex laughed. She raised her hands, and splashed the water from the lake onto the Ares campers. They all shrieked. Connor, Travis and Alex all high fived, and a burly Ares guy named Kurt stood up, glaring at us.

“We’re going to kill you Alex Parker!” Kurt shouted.

“Oh crap.” She took my hand again. “RUN!” We sprinted as fast as we could toward the woods. We hid behind trees at the edge of the woods as the Ares kids ran past. We smiled.  Who cared if Circe was still out there? It will keep our lives interesting to say the least. Alex laughed. I loved her laugh. I loved just about everything about her, and now I didn’t feel guilty about it. I loved the gleam in her sparkling violet eyes; I love her hair, and the faint smell of rosemary I smell whenever I’m near her. I especially loved it when she held my hand.

It reminded me that I wasn’t alone. Not any more at least.

“Alex!” Kurt bellowed. She snorted, and together, with the Stoll’s trailing not too far behind, we ran off back towards the cabins. A faint sound in the back of my head began to sing slowly-

“Olympus is calling, Olympus is falling. Olympus is calling, Olympus is falling. Olympus is calling, Olympus is falling…”

At this point though, I didn’t care. That was another day’s battle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So guys... what did you think? Thanks to everybody on instagram, and everybody who reads it on here! Hope you enjoyed it.