Chapter 49

Chapter 49: Alex

Nico did nothing wrong! Why couldn’t they see that? The answer seemed rather obvious though; it was Circe’s fault. Now I could see why they were so set on me not joining her. “Leo, he didn’t do anything wrong!” I really hate charmspeak. The fact that Circe can charmspeak without actually SPEAKING is really annoying. Or maybe she’s a little voice in their head. Leo’s hand burst into flame but I stepped in in front of Nico, who had absolutely no idea what was going on.

“Alex, get out of the way.”

“Will someone please tell me what’s going on?” Nico asked. We all ignore him.

“You never did like killing people Leo.” I say nervously. Why was Circe doing this? Why Nico? “He didn’t do it, it was Circe!” Leo’s hand went out and he seemed to notice the skeletons just now, who were closing in on the clearing. We had wasted too much time.

“We can talk about this later.” Grover suggested.

“Ya think?” Leo spat. We armed ourselves and ran. We duck into a small cave and the skeletons stopped right outside. I guess they couldn’t go back underground after they rose from the grave. “So where did he come from?” Leo panted, gesturing towards Nico, who stood in the shadows a small distance away from us.

“You don’t have to be so rude.” I snap, anger growing inside me.

“Says YOU.” He utters.

“He saved my life, the least you could do is not act like an idiot.” My voice rose, to the point where Nico could definitely hear us.

“I am VERY skilled in being an idiot. I don’t have that many other talents.”

“You can say that again.” I didn’t really mean to say that out loud, but it had kinda slipped out. He frowned, but I was mad. He really was an idiot. He couldn’t resist the chance to find out everything that happened two years ago, he had the nerve to be mean to Nico after he saved my life, and he was just an overall imbecile. 

“Hey! I have plenty of reasons to be mad at you right now, but as far as I’m concerned, I haven’t done anything wrong.”

“Then I’m sorry you’re stupid.” I heard a few things explode but I didn’t know what it was. I’ve been making a lot of things explode lately, haven’t I?

“You don’t even get it.”