Chapter 36

Chapter 36: Alex

It’s just too much for me to think about. Nico? That couldn’t be right. In fact, I ws too busy thinking about it that I was almost smashed to death by a skeleton warrior, until Leo pulled me away at the last second, which resulted into the warrior’s ax being impaled in a tree. No, being cut up into tiny bits was not in my ‘to do’ list.

“Leo,” I pant as we run up the slope. Grover had sprinted ahead already. “Leo, I hope we’re wrong.” I got the feeling like Leo never really liked Nico all that much to start with, and this was just one more thing to add to the chart.

“There’s a cave up ahead,” he pointed out, ignoring my comment about Nico. I figured we could talk about it later, after we get in that cave for some shelter. Grover rushed us in and about ten feet in, I fell through the floor, and so did Leo.

I rubbed my ankle in pain. I looked around. As far as I know, Grover didn’t fall through, but Leo definitely did, but I couldn’t see him anywhere. “Leo? Grover?” My voice echoed, bouncing off the walls, but there was no reply from my friends. I got up, took out my gun, and advanced onward. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I was just going with my guts. I was in some underground tunnel, and I could see some light at the end. I glanced around me, checking my peripheral vision. By the time I got to the light, I realized it was a room.

I was standing in a rock, underground cave-hallway, and at the end of it, there was a regular wood door with light around the edges, like the light was on in the room behind it. I held my gun at the ready, and kicked open the door. The chasm was huge, like ten stories tall, and all glittering and shimmering different colors. Standing in the middle of the room, was a beautiful woman whom I have never seen before, holding a silver hand mirror.

“Well you fell into my trap easily. You may be powerful, but you are just so predictable, aren’t you Tempest?”