Chapter 70

Chapter 70: Alex

This is my fault. What is wrong with me? Why did I wait so long!? But I had to stop beating myself up over it, because I had to help him. He had blacked out. I was scared he might have lost too much blood. If he died, it would be my fault, and I don’t think I could forgive myself for that stupidity. Stupid empathy. I hate human emotions.

I focus my gaze on one of his wounds, and have the palm of my hand outstretched. I felt in control as I sealed the wounds, which probably would have been painful if he was conscious. At that moment, Piper, Annabeth, Percy, Hazel and Nico burst into the room. They all stood back, except for Piper, who handed me the water. I know the cuts were going to scare, but at least he wasn’t losing any more blood. I tilted his head back, and trickled the water into his mouth. “C’mon,” I muttered. He sputtered, and I sighed in relief. I reached over and hugged him, and he patted my back awkwardly.

“Are you ok?” He smirked.

“Don’t underestimate my power to come back to life.” I snort and roll my eyes. I stood up and offered my hand, which he took and stood up as well. He made a face down at Circe. “So uh, what are we supposed to do with her?” It was my turn to smile. I pulled out the glass vial Piper caught me stealing from Circe’s throne room. I held it up, and Percy clapped his hands and laughed. Apparently he was the only one who realized what it was.

“Alex you’re a genius.” Everybody just stared at him with a blank expression. “Guys, this will turn her into a guinea pig.” He pointed to the bottle. They all smile. I hand over the bottle.

“Do you want to do the honors?” Percy didn’t spare a moment. He jumped up and tilted her head back, and splashed the potion in her face. Circe suddenly woke up, and her eyes widened.

“Bye-bye” Percy waved as Circe shrunk into a scuttling rodent. There was a sudden POOF, and Hecate appeared… again.