Chapter 43

Chapter 43: Percy

“Percy? Percy what’s wrong?” Annabeth was at my side in seconds.

“Alex, Leo, cave, blood, guns, falling.” I gasp. Annabeth’s eyes widen.

“Did you have a vision? Are they in trouble?” I shake my head.

“No, no. It was more like a flashback. It was, it was their past.” I pause “and future.” Piper walks over with a cup of hot cider and hands it to me.

“Future?” she waggles her eyebrows. I frown.

“No, no nothing like that. Piper!” I moaned.

“Sorry, sorry, it’s the inner Aphrodite in me. But come on, wouldn’t they make the cutest couple?” I look away.

“You wouldn’t be thinking that if you just saw what I just saw.” They sat down next to me as I explained what I saw.

“That’s awful! Did she really just kill those innocent people? She just left Leo out there by himself when someone was after them? That doesn’t sound like something that Alex would do, is it?” She looked over at Annabeth and I.

“Sorry Piper, but it seems to me, that this is exactly something that Alex would do.” Piper’s jaw dropped.

“Oh come on!”

“Piper, you have to admit that we don’t really know Alex completely. We don’t actually know her story,” Annabeth started. Piper looked deadly.

“And yet, we are all following her, to defeat Circe? I can’t believe you two. Alex is NOT a traitor!” I shake my head. Why couldn’t Piper see something so obvious? Then suddenly, her eyes lit up. “Oh my gods,” she looked up, and without another word, ran off into the woods.

“Piper?” Annabeth called, but she was gone. “Don’t know what that’s about.” She muttered.