Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Leo

“Of course you have friends!” I say, rather shocked. She stared at me.

“No, I don’t. I don’t even know you!” Even though this was true, it hurt my feelings. Here’s this girl who I thought genuinely wanted to be my friend, but changed her mind, and decided just to leave. “Just pretend you never met me.” She turned around, about to leave, when I spoke up on last time.

“That may be true Alex, but I trusted you. You made a promise, and I trusted you.”

“Well that’s your problem” she said, not turning around.

“I never thought that you were a liar Tempest.” That got her. She took out her gun and pointed it straight at me.

“This gun may only kill mortals Leo Valdez, but you’re still half mortal and this will kill you in a heartbeat.” She stepped right up to me, and pressed the point to my heart. I glance at it, and then straight into her violet eyes.

“If you are going to kill me, get on with it. We don’t have all day.” For a moment I could have sworn that she was actually going to do it, but then she just pushed me away, and put her gun back on her belt.

 “Never call me that again, or I will pull the trigger.”

“So that’s it? You’re just going to leave?”

“I don’t have a choice. If I stay for much longer, you are all going to end up dead, and it would be all my fault again. I should never have come here to start with. I don’t make friends, I don’t make connections, and I don’t tell people my real name. I broke all three of those rules when I came here. It just makes leaving that much harder. It just makes their deaths that much worse. I shouldn’t have ever come here.” She repeated. I didn’t know what to say. I was getting mixed messages from her. Yesterday she was thanking me for giving her advice, then ten minutes ago she told me that I wasn’t her friend, a few minutes ago she had me had me at gun point, now she’s telling me that she was leaving to protect us.

“Alex, nobody can get us at camp half-blood! It’s the only safe place for demigods!”

“It doesn’t matter if nobody can get us, because I’m the one that kills people!  I don’t know how to control my magic. If I stay, you will all die. In fact, I’m surprised that you aren’t dead yet.” I smile.

“Actually, now that you say it, for a moment there, I thought you were actually going to pull that trigger.” She looked me straight in the eye.

“Ya, so did I.”