Chapter 08

Bobby and Agnes walked upstairs and joined a group of people talking on the roof that included Miguel, Cass, and Greg.

Greg nodded to them as they approached the group. "Cass here is explaining how you two met and the unfortunate faith of one of our best guys, mike. You two have quite the adventure," Greg said amiably to Bobby.

Bobby shrugged. "We are still alive."

Greg nodded. "That is because you are a survivor, just like me," He said, putting his arm on Bobby's shoulder. Bobby flinch but Greg didn't seem to notice and he continued. "And I need survivors like you Bobby. Together, we can carve a new civilization from the ashes."

"Well, that's great and all, but is my family have a room in your new civilization?"

"What?"

Bobby sighed. "Look, Cass told me about your plan to leave the campus and I'm all for it. I assume you have a place to go to after that?"

"Yes," Greg said. "I live in the white plains." White plains is a famous village where the rich enclosed themselves. There are more multimillionaires per square miles in that exclusive seclusion than anywhere else in the country. And of course, golden boy Greg lives there. He had that infuriating 'aw shucks' smile in his face that say that it's no big deal. "My place is big enough for all of us and we have enough food stockpiled there to last us a few months."

Bobby nodded. That's a relatively good place to hole up, He thought grudgingly.

"Then it's a good plan, and I will help you with that," Bobby said, raising his hand to stop Greg. "However, once we get there I plan to live you guys for a while since I need to look for my sister."

Greg had an uncomprehending look etch in his face. "Your sister?"

Bobby nodded patiently.

That fake smile returned back to Greg's face. "Listen, Bobby, I understanding what you're trying to do here, really, I do. But more likely, your sister is dead now, or worse, one of those things."

Bobby grinds his teeth at that. "Maybe, but I still want to be sure."

Greg sighed and finally nodded. He turned to a young man with ear piercing. "Can you tell them again what you just told us?"

The young man agreed, then turned to Bobby. "My name is Jason, a level 3 Ranger. How do you do?" He said, extending his hands. Bobby automatically shakes it.

"Get on with it," Miguel growled in one side.

"Right, so anyway I'm a computer science sophomore and a friend of mine, an English lit junior told me that they are going for a trip today for nature expedition. He wouldn't stop blabbering about it. Anyway, I remember that this trip is supposed to happen today. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it will happen today because I saw the bus as I went to my calculus class this morning and I pass by Garcia Hall and at least 2 buses are parked there right this moment."