Book 2, Chapter 98:

You're what?!" Both Melissa and Col. Sorya exclaimed.

Bobby sighed as he leaned next to a nearby window of the HQ, overlooking the plaza where the final kulasa charge happened. He should have placed someone here and feed him enemy position and disposition from here. He can see everything.

Oh well, another opportunity wasted, he thought grimly.

"I said I'm leaving the base tonight and I'll be back in a month or two."

"Our rangers confirmed that Secretary Illos' main force have already returned back to the central base, but a few scouts are staying behind. We have not seen the last of that vicious woman," Col Sorya said.

Bobby eyed him. The Colonel is still a bit nervous about the secretary's response. It is something the Colonel himself suspected to happen but never really believe. Now that it actually happened, it was evident that Secretary Illos' attack on the northern base shook the Colonel considerably. Bobby resolves to check on the Colonel's mental aptitude when he comes back. As one of the very few people who actually know about the god game, He needed to be sure about Col. Sorya's mental health.

Not many people can do the mental transition from learning that the zombie apocalypse, an event that a person has put all his effort to fight and resist, turns out to be not even the worst thing to come. Far from it.

Bobby just nodded to the two. "That is within our expectation. They are not stupid and leave a potential enemy unmonitored. So unless they do anything overt, then they can peep at us as long as they want."

Melissa looked at some papers on the tables. "I'm glad you were able to deal with the hostage situation, and no one died, but this is not the end for the Brotherhood either. Many of them are still hostile to players and refuse to cooperate with us. those indoctrination techniques are really successful for those bastards."

"No one said this will be easy," Bobby said matter of factly. "But we gutted the Kulasa leadership in the assault on the compound. Sure, many of the remaining former members are still angry, but unless a new leader emerged from the ashes, then they won't be a threat anymore."

Then Bobby turned to both of them and looked at them hard. "Other than those two problems, most of what is left are administrative issues. I am not belittling the problem, but the two of you have both the expertise and experience to deal with this issue. Our charter is already done and approved by the three of us. then there is the new player police force."

"The Watch," Col. Sorya snorted. "Where did you get that idea?"

From a game called Neverwinter Nights, Bobby wanted to say but decided to remain mysterious, so he just smiled. "As I said, the new police force under Darnell will be up and running in a day or two, and that should considerably stop the chaos and looting out there. Later today, we announce the elder council, the transitional government under the triumvirate of you Melissa, Col. Sorya over there... and my sister. This should give the people a sense of stability and provided that we do our job, also a sense of normalcy and should calm the people down."

"And if it doesn't?"

Bobby shrugged. "One problem at a time, love," Bobby said, smiling.