Chapter 13

"Tabby is gaining on us!" Cass shouted behind Bobby, as she kept firing her arrows despite having no real effect on the giant monster cat barreling toward them.

"Turn right!" Bobby said to Eddie, the mage driver. "We'll try to lose her in the village."

Eddie just nodded his pale face, his knuckles bone white as he kept his death grip on the steering wheels of the SUV. At the appointed turn, he turned left first before doing a sharp right to give him a better angle over the street. The move was perfect and it even confused the cat following them that he shot pass the truck instead of following us. The cat turned and growling continued her pursuit.

The village Bobby was talking about is a government-sponsored housing project within the university to house permanent university personnel and long career staff. The project offered a small plot of land for affordable prices and throughout the years, created a beehive of small compact houses and small commercial district. Most students explore the streets to find obscure books and to plan last minute parties. With the smaller alleys, the place looks like a Nepalese side street where almost everything is available from previous year's thesis works to renting large beer kegs. The street is simply wide enough for one car and nothing else.

Bobby smiled coldly. "Just as I planned."

He elbowed the glass of the passenger side window, scooped the pieces into his lap and begun infusing his mana to one piece of glass. He knew instinctively how to do this since he already has Basic Magical Knowledge as a skill, but he learned immediately that knowing it and actually doing it is completely different story.

"Would you mind riding this thing a bit more... smoother," Bobby said politely, his request got unexpected punctuation mark when the truck skidded off bobby's side, sparks of metal glowing next to Bobby's face.

"Not in this lifetime!" Answered Eddie immediately. "Not while that puta de pusa is right behind my ass!"

"Here she comes again!" Cass warned at the back.

Bobby notices it before but he realized that he can focus better when he is in a life and death situation. And this is no exception. Suddenly, he can infuse his mana into the Glass, then like a shuriken, bobby threw it to the side, embedding itself to a wooden door. Two seconds later the door boomed!

Pieces of wooden shrapnel and the mana energy exploded outward, covering the road in front of it. Unfortunately, the giant cat had already passed through before the explosion.

With half closed eyes, Bobby infused another glass and then throwing it downward, embedding it to the dirt road itself. The mana explosion was surprisingly powerful that a sizable crater is made by the explosion and dust and blue shimmering cloud rain down on them. This one is too early. However, the explosion succeeded in making the cat flinch and stagger to one side, giving them that extra few seconds to widen their lead.

"Not so easy eh!" Eddie said to bobby who just grunted, muttering profanities, while his face is now covered with sweat.