Book 2, Chapter 46:

Bobby walked up the stairs of his family's designated apartment and stopped when he almost collided with his sister as she exited the place.

They stared at each other.

Bobby has not seen his sister for a couple of days now, but now that he is back, he now remembered the sad but self-assured young woman he left behind. But now that he thought about, he never really seen Alex in her work clothes.

Now he looked at his sister with a critical eye as she stood there in combat boots, an armored skirt that shows more legs than a parent would prefer, a tight black shirt that would also have emphasized her budding breast and other curves if not for the maroon medium armor that protects not only her front but her upper shoulders. She held a winged helmet in one arm, and a flowing black cape with an eagle emblem etched on it.

Bobby's magical senses detected something in the cape, the armor, the boots and the bracelet on her left arm, but the helmet, despite its stylish design, is nothing more than an ordinary nonmagical loot item.

He smiled. His sister looked like a Valkyrie. A tiny cute one, yes, but still a Valkyrie. They watched each other awkwardly in silence until Alex cleared her throat, and made an effort to speak. "Haven't seen you for a while," she said.

Jack sighed. He didn't like this new awkwardness between him and Alex just because of one serious fight. "I've only been gone a couple of days you know," Bobby said, as he hugged her. Alex froze for a moment then relax and leaned over to him. Bobby felt her tremble. Instantly, Bobby is on alert. "What's wrong?"

"Listen, I'm kinda in trouble here, and I need some money," She said awkwardly. She managed to keep her voice mostly steady, but her cheeks and neck colored red in a guilty flush. Not that Bobby is really looking, He can see that his sister is restless, shifting her weight from foot to another, and there's a bead of sweat on her forehead.

Bobby just stared at her.

"I'll pay you back of course," she floundered, and Bobby let her. A long silence made her look even more flustered, but Bobby had no intention of helping her out.

"How much do you need and for what?" Bobby asked finally, his voice getting colder.

Alex grimaced. "About 80 silvers," She said. Bobby raised his eyebrow. The coins are chump change for him, but he knew enough about the current market to know that 80 silvers are a lot of money for anyone else.

"For what?"

"I.. well..." She stammered.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't walk away from this?"

"Because my friend needs help, and I can't help him." She said in a panic. "But you can. I know you can."

"What friend?"

"His name is Danny. Daniel."