Chapter 20

Author's Note:

In the spirit of transparency, the bridge battle is inspired by my memories of mask rider black, he-man, Ichigo of the early BLEACH's days, Sanderson's stormlight saga, brent week's Lightbringer, the game dragon age, Old man's war, Webber's Honor Harrington and a book by a guy with first name Patrick,(for the life of me, I can't remember the author or the title, it's driving me crazy!)

anyway, ENJOY!  

****************************************************

The convoy started moving again.

At first, they simply stop and watch their comrades at the other end of the bridge, with horrified silence. But the screech of the zombie emphasizes the danger they are in. No matter how detestable it sounded, they knew that sooner or later the men and women trap on the other side will all be massacred. And then the zombies will set their sight upon them. It's better to be far away before they notice the other part of the convoy.

Raymond's team led the way as they cajoled, plead, beg, and threaten the people to move faster. They pushed aside abandoned vehicles, while they pushed stalled vehicles until they start again, they help relocate sick and old people from one moving vehicle to another, then get rid of the damage one away from the traffic.

They'd also organized small teams of mobile medical group, a security team, and traffic signaler. Marcus' group already went ahead to scout the surrounding area and to make sure that up ahead is relatively safe.

In the midst of all this chaos, one man stood out simply because he was the only man going to the wrong direction. Many called out to him, others simply shake their heads to the suicidal man, others rudely pointed at him and he here words like retard and pussy in the wind directed at him. All this he ignored and remain focus on his one simple goal: reach the other side of the bridge.

Unfortunately, until now he had no idea what he is going to do if he did get there. "Damn it," he said to himself. "Talk about bad timing."

He was talking about his mana situation because he barely has a third of his original mana capacity after the healing marathon he just did. He also used his "BLESS" skill to himself, giving him +2 to strength, agility, and constitution, but with his base stats, that only made him barely "Below standard." What it means is that he can run at least without tripping himself, but that's it. He already misses his acrobatic skills and Olympic-level strength just a few days ago.

"Stop it," He admonished himself. Stop moaning what you lost and start looking for a different solution.

"Robert Raval, please stop!" A voice called out behind him.

Bobby turned and blinked. The foreign girl was hovering behind him, concern in her face.

Bobby vaulted a crashed car and continue running. The girl hovered right beside him. "Please stop or you'll die!"