Book 2, Chapter 06

Bobby stared at a McRonald's restaurant just on the other side of the street and decided to stop for the night.

In the end, he did nothing all day but trap zombies in large establishments to stop them from roaming his city. There are a least 2 parking lots, 4 multipurpose building and even a warehouse that at that present time is filled with zombies to the brim. And he was bone tired.

It was only 6 pm, but Bobby decided not to walk at night despite his magical capability to see in the dark. Besides, he is hungry.

Right in front of the fast food joint was a delivery van for the same company. Unfortunately, it got involved in a head's on collision with, of all things, a police mobile. There are no traces of bodies in both vehicles, undead or otherwise, but evidence of a battle was everywhere. Bullet casing littered the street and spray of blood in one side of the mobile and dark dried spots on the ground, speaks volume of what happened there.

The rattle of machine gun fire can be heard somewhere in the west, and several blocks away, the unmistakable sound of a roaring engine, either a sports car or a high-performance bike, is moving in the heart of the city.

Bobby imagined that whoever the rider is, he is either trying to reach his loved ones like him or merely doing a food raid or maybe even just trying to leave the city in one piece. Whatever he is trying to do, Bobby wished him luck.

The heavy guns opened fire once more. Bobby wondered if some semblance of the military is still organized and fighting. He hoped so.

Bobby reached the abandoned vehicles. He first checked the mobile but no guns or any other useful things he can see, so he turned to the other van. Inside were boxes of assorted ingredients and supplies for the fast-food branch. Bobby smiled to himself then closed the door, only to open it again when he had second thoughts about the value of the ingredients.

The van had its own freezer system and Bobby guessed that it kept running for days and it only stopped just a few hours or days or so ago, just long enough to keep things inside still fresh, A bit wet from the defrost, but still relatively fresh.

Bobby didn't even need the attached cart at the back of the van's door. He merely started grabbing the ingredients and shoving them inside his inventory while whistling. In less than thirty minutes, Bobby cleaned out the van.

He walked inside the restaurant since the door is wide open. He immediately entered and locked the door. He closed the blinds that are there more for stopping the glare of the sun than actually giving privacy, and then he proceeded to the kitchen beyond the counter.

He studied the layout of the place, and when he is satisfied that he is all alone, he pulled out one of the two dozen backup portable generator in his inventory and filled that up with gas. He has several dozen gas containers in his inventory, from the small 10 gallons to the monster 50-gallon packs, so that is also not a problem.

Maybe the machines are user-friendly, or maybe his high intellect made it easy, but Bobby figured out each and every one of the devices in the kitchen, including the ice cream maker, and turned them on without a problem.