Book 2, Chapter 63:

One of the team leader that face Bobby stared at his base commander a bit suspiciously. He was a grizzled old man but tough as an oak tree, slit eyes and a thick neck bulging with muscles. His name was Gilberto Salome, a former construction worker, and his friends call him Gil. "How do I know that you are not under duress as you say that?" He said.

The two teams, ten men strong slowly spread around the room. "All I can see here are signs of battle," The other team leader said, crouching over one of the unconscious assistants and checking her pulse.

"He sneaks in," The base commander nodded in Bobby's direction. "We talk, we fought, then we talk some more. What can I say, he simply convince me that his plan for the future of the base is better than mine."

"Just like that huh," Said Gil. "And you expect us to do what? Just throw down our weapons?"

"Yes, I expect you to stand down when I order you to, team leader," The Base commander said, his usual gruff voice coming back to him. Then he turned back to Bobby. "So where do you want me to go? In the far wall? Patrol outside the base? Or some good 'ol fashion cage?"

Bobby smirked. "I want you to stay just where you are. This is not over yet. I also need to tell my people to stand down," Bobby said, smiling coldly. "They are about to attack the headquarters."The team leader Gil cursed loudly. But the commander just nodded. "I half expected that," He said.

"Then why did you not warn us?!" The team leader retorted.

"I have Nicole watching the rooftop so that we will have some time against any major attack."

Bobby raised an eyebrow when the commander's statement somehow mollified the team leader. Who the hell is Nicole? Bobby thought to himself.

Bobby loudly and rudely interrupted a private conversation between the team leaders and the commander," So how many people do you have that can be called to protect this building?"

The team leader turned to the commander who nodded at him imperceptively. The team leader sighed and answered Bobby. "There are 14 active teams in the headquarter right now, and We are the last strategic reserve for the base. On top of that this place is also considered to be the primary medical station on the east side since we have the largest stock of healing potion. At least another hundred strong players are resting in our infirmary. In a pinch, they too can fight. Then we have the in-house accountants, the clerks, the secretarial and janitorial staff and most important of all is the logistical player on the first floor."

"Logistical players?" Asked Bobby.

"Low-level players we are helping out who are good in alchemy, smithing, and such."

"my future magical engineers," The base commander said.

Bobby stared interestedly at the old man. Obviously, he was intrigued, but this was not the time and place for it. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but the rest of your support staff, probably not the players, but the rest are loyal to some other organization."