Book 2, Chapter 31:

"What the hell did you do?!" Cynthia said, horrified.

They have been skirting groups of zombies since the afternoon, by going into alleyways and through buildings and other shortcuts and avoiding main roads where most zombies are congregating.

Sometimes, Bobby will let them fight zombies in a fix position using long-range weapons only. Only after the barricade they have positioned themselves in is about to be overwhelmed do they start escaping from the prearranged exit Bobby wisely prepared for all of them.

After a while, though, they find themselves stuck in a partial alley covered with a metal fence. Two buildings are between them, one is clear of zombies (the one they came from), and the other is still infested with the undead (the one they plan to move on to). The alley in between has at least a dozen zombies milling around, and the alley goes to the main street which all of them knows is filled with zombies.

Bobby opened the door, scanned the entire place and closed the door back again. He, Cynthia, Amara, and Lucas, retreated back to the old building they came from so Bobby can describe the place and how they are going to raid the site so they could move on.

Gorio, the loud middle age guy, is near the fence as a direct lookout.

The plan was simple: There are at least six zombies that Bobby saw inside the other building. Bobby gave them their position as best he remembered, then assigned one zombie to each one of them. The rest Bobby will handle. Once everything is clear, Bobby will guard the door going outside, Lucas will guard the door going up the building, and Amara and Cynthia will scavenge the place for anything valuable. Gorio will remain outside. After everything is cleaned out, Bobby will check outside and plan again how they will proceed at that point.

Bobby is making sure that everything is planned out before they move, and in varying degree, his teammates understood his feelings and appreciated it.

"Aaah... guys! I think we have a problem!" Gorio called out. Bobby was the first one out of the door.

"What the hell did you do?!" Cynthia said, horrified.

The fence is now being pushed by hundreds if not thousands of zombies. Dead white eyes are staring back at them with the growing black veins all around their backs, their jagged yellow teeth pulled back, and saliva is pouring down the stained rags they used as their former clothes.

Bobby walked over to the building they are about to attack and swore when the zombies inside are already shambling towards his door, and more zombies are screaming as they run from the outside towards this building. In short, they were getting surrounded.

Bobby slammed the door shut and with wooden flanks and pressurized nail gun, started reinforcing that door. He ignored the sudden impact in that door as more zombies started banging on that entrance.

Gorio's eyes were bulging. "I just shoot one of them with my arrow, you know, for practice. The sunovabitch turned and started screeching. The other zombies in the main road just started coming, and it's like that," He said, pointing at the wall of zombies in front of them.