Book 2, Chapter 13:

Bobby ran towards the closest indoor building in the area, which turned out to be a single story residential house.

He hit the door, and it was locked. He was about to kick it open when he hesitated. Four or five houses away is a pair of zombies hanging around. Bobby returned the baby in her harness, ignoring the agitated protest of the little girl. He then kneeled down and started lock picking the place.

While he is doing that, his magical senses went active and scanned the house for any zombies. "Damn it!" Bobby exclaimed as he found a black mana line inside the house. There is a zombie in the house. He pinpointed the zombie somewhere towards a small room to the right.

The door finally opened and even before Bobby entered the room, he summoned a Clayman. "Attack!" he commanded as soon as the humanoid automaton materialize behind him where there is some grass. The Clay man walked passed him and then turned in the hallway of the house, hunting for the lone zombie.

Bobby entered the room after the clay man but went in a different direction.

He tried to spy the bird over the window, but he couldn't see it. Did it saw me? Bobby asked himself. It was still a long way off. There is still a big chance-

A commotion can be heard on the other side of the house, and Bobby ignored it for now. He set aside the baby to one corner of the room, still encased in the magical bubble. The girl is adorably trying to reach for the formula bottle floating on top of her and sadly just out of her reach.

The zombie opened the door to where Bobby is and drag himself inside, the Clayman right behind it. The zombie's left foot and part of his left arm are ruined, but he can still pull himself across the room.

Angrily, Bobby pulled out a trident in his arsenal and pinned the incoming zombie to the wall, by stabbing it right in the chest. The zombie growled loudly, more in frustration for not able to grab Bobby rather than in pain.

Bobby turned at the automaton who started savaging the pinned zombie. "You can't even stop a single zombie, you useless fucker!" Bobby said in disgust.

And then the baby started a loud shrilling sound as her frustration reached a fever pitch. Bobby marched toward the girl, let the bubble drain out, grabbed the milk bottle and then reformed the bubble when the baby already held the bottle. The baby started sucking her milk with an angry look at bobby.

He then tapped the Clay man's shoulder who promptly stop punching the trapped zombie. Bobby pointed at the eye that is slowly moving down the chest, down the stomach and hid at the groin area. "See that eye thingy? That's your target, kill that, and it's all over."

Bobby waited for any form of confirmation from the Clayman who just stared back at him. After an awkward few seconds, the clay man started punching the zombie again... in the head.

Bobby raised his hands in surrender. "I can't believe there is something dumber than a zombie," Bobby mumbled.

He strayed back to the window to find the pair of zombie is now shuffling towards them. Bobby wanted to scream. Instead, he grabbed the baby in the bubble, unsummoned the clay man, and then sneak out of the back window. Outside, he activated his 'sneak' mode and ambled towards another house across the other street.