Book 2, Chapter 47:

"What in the world is he talking about?" Bobby said, incredulous.

"He is telling the truth, Bobby," Alex replied for Danny, nodding solemnly.

Bobby looked at his sister then to Daniel, the boyfriend. He then sighed out loud. "Alright, here is what we are going to do. I want you to sit down on that chair, and then start from the very beginning. Give me something to sink my teeth into."

Daniel sat down reluctantly, with Alex next to him. "You need anything?" Bobby asked. "Coffee? Tea?"

Daniel looked at Bobby. "Do you have a beer?" He asked.

What a cheeky Bastard, Bobby thought amused

Without a word, Bobby dropped a San Miguel beer can on the table. The side of the can is still sheeted with ice and is even smoking from its chilled state. Daniel grabbed and opened it in one go. He drank deep from the can, and when it was empty, he belched with satisfaction as he crashed the can.

"I would also like a beer," Alex said hopefully, but all hope died from a withering stare from Bobby. "Err, on second thought, coffee will be nice."

Bobby dropped a small bottle of mineral water and a coffee sachet in front of his sister, then promptly ignored her dirty look, and focused back on Daniel.

"When the apocalypse arrived, I was staying with my drunkard uncle. He was the first zombie I ever saw... and then he became my first kill. After that, I left home, and I hooked up somehow with a family of farmers. Good, and decent people. They were hardworking and accepted me in, sharing what they can, and then fighting the zombies when needed. The one leading the group was the grandfather named Patolio Canlas, but everyone called him Old man Pato. We were holed up on the second floor of an old warehouse, and one of the first projects the old man made is a seedbed. He planted tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, and other vegetables we found seeds for in the supermarkets. It wasn't much, but we stayed in that place for about twenty days and every end of the week, we had fresh green leafy food on the table. It really helps with morale. One day, after we killed a few zombies, they dropped a fruit called 'Purpleheads.' It's a -"

"Wait, I heard that before..." Bobby closed his eyes and concentrated. Then he remembered. It was that time when Bobby just came to the pharmacy after he killed one of the couples who tried to rob him. It was at that time that Bobby received the drop item from a zombie that gave him the Purplehead fruit. "Yeah, I remember that drop, like the whites of a coconut, a bit nutty but soft, and a salty aftertaste."

Daniel nodded excitedly. "That's the one!" He said.

"Alright, I agree that it tastes great, but so what makes it special?" Bobby asked, scratching his chin. "I know for a fact that it is a good binding agent and is an ingredient to at least 90% of all known potions."

Daniel blinked at Bobby. "Really? I didn't know that."

Bobby just shrugged. "So what's so important about it?"

Daniel's eyes twinkled. "It's the property of the fruit that is truly amazing! Old man Pato immediately planted the seeds we obtained, and we are all astonished when the seed sprouted small leaves in less than an hour. Then it grew rapidly. The stem thickens, more leaves, roots dug deeper and then within 12 hours, the small plant already have a budding fruit. It then grows steadily until it reaches 24 hours and the fruit is perfectly formed and matured by then. If you keep the plant for another 24 hours after that, then there is a one in three chances that it will create another single fruit. But whatever happens, by the third day, the plant automatically withers on its own."