Book 2, Chapter 82:

Even at the height of his powers during the battle in the bridge now so long ago, Bobby had never felt powers like this.

The raw mana was electrifying as it flows through his veins, charging each and every muscle with power that can bend the world to its knees. The mana was so thick swirling around them that it's very concentration is turning it into a poison. It was addicting... and felt utterly wrong.

No one must be allowed to hold such power in their hands. It just felt so wrong. So... inhuman.

He forced himself to stand up and took a slow step towards the platform where he knew Buu was in trouble. He turned and watched Malou writ in spasm near him on the ground, overwhelmed by the power swirling around them. He wanted to help her, but he knew that to do that, he needed to confront what is making the poor child do all this.

That Buu was in the center of all this, Bobby didn't doubt for a second. He recognized the mana signature as belonging to the child. And so he forced himself to take a step forward, and then another, and another. His body is on fire. While his unbelievable healing powers are working overtime, it still needed time to bring everything back to tip-top shape. But he needed to move now. There is no time to wait. Buu needed him.

Bobby viciously swipes away messages that are crowding his vision. He couldn't care less if it was positive or negative messages. All he knew is that Buu is calling for him, and god help anyone who stands in his way.

****

Ian couldn't breathe from his excitement and delight as he felt, really felt, the power right next to him. This is always what he wanted, the ability to bend the world to his will and forced it to know who its true master.

This is what he is missing in his life. This is what he was born to be. And soon the rest of this god awful world will know his name and what he can do. But first, he needs to take it.

"Give it to me! Give me the power, I deserve it! I own it! It's mine!" He bellowed, lunging at the child's neck.

He didn't know exactly what happened, but he was suddenly flying away from her. He skidded to the ground below, tumbling several times before stopping in a heap of debris, including a ruined SUV.

He groaned, and for a moment he didn't know what just happened. Then it all came back to him.

The child.

The child was using the power. Instinct told him that the child could barely hold the power within her, but to the best of her limited ability, she is using the power.

And that scared the living shit out of him.

******

Divine magic is pulsing within Buu's tiny body in waves, affecting her surroundings in most bizarre ways possible. The compound that they have fought, including the wide field and the building beyond is now coming apart as if the glue that holds reality together is now being undone.

Cracks in the ground widen, and white light is released from within. Howling wind threaten to start while the very sky became blood red. Large stones and other debris started floating in the air as if the very gravity loses its connection to the earth.

Then the world started to grumble, protesting the unnaturalness of the phenomenon, and everyone can feel the vibration from the ground.

Ian tried to move and screamed. His body was broken. The hand that held the child a while ago is now nothing but a blackened stump. The other arm is dislocated, and part of his face had lost its skin and showing his teeth within.

Ian didn't care, it was just another incentive for him to possess the power. He forced himself to stand, and bravely approached the child once again.

What he is afraid of is that this display of power is a one-time thing, that the stupid child is wasting the power for nothing. Spending it for this one single tantrum when there are so many other things that the power can be used for, like empowering himself.

He is still thinking this when the child suddenly appeared in front of him. He stopped, then dropped to his knees. "Please!" He pleaded. "Give me the power. I need it. I need it more than you do!"

The child turned her head to one side, like a dog trying to understand the antics of a strange creature.

It is more than he could stand. It is driving Ian mad to know that the power is so close and yet still far from his grasp. That this foolish child held the power when it is so clear that he is by far more deserving of it.

"Give it to me!" Ian screamed, charging the child.

A golden shield around the girl stopped him, but Ian was beyond reason, and he pressed his face in the barrier, desperate to reached the child.

"You want.. the power?" Buu asked, a bit puzzled.

"Yes! Give it to me!"Buu shrugged and said, "Okay." She reached up with one hand. Her little finger touch Ian's tummy, the farthest she could reach... and Ian simply exploded.