Chapter 07

Truth be known, the only reason Bobby help Cass with clearing out the kitchen and even cooking burgers is because that now that they are here, Bobby was terrified of seeing Agnes once again.

Maybe it's best to just turn around and leave.

Bobby had to shake his head and ignored Cass when she started looking at him funny.

Don't be ridiculous. At least be sure that she is safe and let her know that you too is safe, at least for the time being. Who knows maybe she is even concern about you.

They didn't find any infected at the ground floor. Despite this, both of them never drop their guard. They crouch while moving all the way to the stairs, Cass leading him with nothing but sign language. They moved to the second floor, then the third, all quiet and empty. In between the third and the fourth floor, the stairs are block by an assortment of office equipment, class chairs and tables and even actual wooden doors that Bobby guest came directly from the classrooms.

Cass was not surprise, in fact there was certain relief in her seeing that the blockade is still intact. Bobby automatically crouch into a fighting position when he heard a new voice came from the blockade. "Cass? That you?"

"Miguel! It's me," Cass answered, relief in her voice. "Drop the rope will yah."

In response, a thick rope with knots fell from the fourth floor. Bobby was curious where they found the rope, but he didn't delayed when Cass nudged him and told him to climb it.

So Bobby did. He finds it very surprising that he did not have any problem climbing the rope. Before, one of the things he hated about himself is the fact that he has a very weak upper body and things like push ups and rope climbing, just like this one, gave him a lot of problems. But now, he smiled when he realize that he didn't even need his foot to support himself as he climb up.

His smile stop however when a powerful arm grab him when he was almost on top and pinned him to a wall. He was about to protest when a bolo knife is pushed directly to his neck, and he froze. "Who the fuck are you? And where is mike?"

"Easy man," Bobby said cautiously. "I'm with Cass."

The man who grab him was a giant, at least for an Asian. Just a few inches shy of six feet, the guy named Miguel probably outweigh Bobby by more than 80 lbs., all in pure muscle. Short crop army hair and a dark complexion, the guy is someone you don't want to meet in a dark alley.

The guy only let go when Cass who is behind him, smack him right in the head. "Let him go, you big Oaf! He's with me."

Reluctantly, the guy named Miguel let Bobby go who drop to his knees whizzing. Cass watch Bobby sympathetically but did not move to help him.

Bobby Slowly stood up while Cass and the big guy, Miguel, started a lively conversation. "Damn girl," Miguel said in a surprisingly soft voice. "No bus and mike gone? This is bad. We are dropping like flies here."