Book 2, Chapter 44:

After a wonderful dinner, and everything is cleared out of the table (including a full bowl of the Sinigang soup that Bobby hid in his inventory), Melissa's French chef returned with a cart containing a bottle of wine and glasses. He gave her a glassful and poured the rich golden wine expertly. Melissa meanwhile is looking at Bobby's hand that is placed in his chest and is glowing blue.

When Bobby saw her staring, he smiled sheepishly. "I'm just checking for poison," Bobby said, almost embarrassed in his action. "You don't mind, do you?"

Melissa had a half smile on her beautiful face as she sipped her wine. "I guess I deserved that," she said. "Does that mean you won't be tasting the wine?"

"Screw that!" Bobby said, raising his left hand and the wine glass for the chef to pour wine in, while his right hand continued checking his system. His clerical skill "Purify" is checking for any unknown substance in his body, Bobby doubt that Melissa or any of her people could duplicate the high-end poison he used against Sylvan since it requires a level 9 in alchemy to create and distill it. And now that Bobby is aware of it, his body has a natural defense against low level and even mid-level poisons. He still needs to use "Purify" though just in case.

And to make a point.

"So you want to go into an alliance with me," Melissa started, swirling the glass of wine in front of her. "What possible reason should I have to take your offer? I am already the undisputed-"

"I intend to take over the north base sometime in the near future," Bobby put in bluntly, then gulping down the entire wine content given to him. "With the intention of cleaning out the base and making sure it is ready for what it was supposedly created for in the first place."

"Which is?" Melissa asked, intensely curious.

Bobby looked her in the eye, and Melissa saw the full conviction in his. "To make it a bastion of hope for all mankind."

Melissa burst out laughing. "Jeezes," Melissa swore, wiping away the tear in her mascara. "I must admit that you did intrigue me when you burst into my bar and laid waste to my men and customers alike, but now that I learned that you plan to create Zion, I just realized that I wasted my time with you."

Bobby stood up, and the atmosphere in the room changed considerably. Melissa straightened in her seat while her eyes followed him, not with fear, but with weariness. The Frenchman involuntarily took a step back, sensing a confrontation. Bobby just smiled at her.

"I know I am asking a lot when I asked you to help me get control of the base, but let us consider the benefits first, shall we?"

When Melissa didn't say anything, Bobby took a step closer and at the same time opened his inventory and dropped a heavy backpack on the table. It was brimming to the edges so that several gold coins fell from its seams and the coins tumbled noisily onto the massive desk.

"I can make you the richest woman in the world," Bobby said. Melissa stared at the backpack and her jaws clenched.

Again, Bobby opened his inventory, and this time he dropped one of the heavier boulders of mithril ore onto the table, and the table noticeably sagged. Even the Frenchman gasped. "I can give you all the resource you will need, now and in the future."