Chapter 11

Thank you all for reading!

Remember to follow, favorite, comment, and rate if you find this story entertaining. This is the small things that keep an author going.

*************************************************

Bobby drop to his knees tilted Miguel's head and force-fed the red liquid into the big man's mouth. Miguel spluttered, but a majority of the elixir went down his throat. "Come on, Miguel. Stay with me now, stay with me!" Bobby encouraged, but Miguel's eyes drooped even lower. 

"Hey! HEY!" Bobby slaps the warrior across the face, and this momentarily made him animated. He groggily gropes for someone in the air.

"Why you... Kill yah! ..."

"That's it, big guy, keep fighting ..." Bobby murmured, watching Miguel's arm which a second ago is full of missing chunks of muscles and the white bone underneath is showing. Bobby drops the empty vial and grab another life potion in his inventory, the last one, and force feed it to Miguel once more. The giant protested, but with Bobby's insisting hands, he has no choice but to gulp the red liquid down.

"There we go..." Bobby said, watching the ligaments and muscles re-knit themselves back to normal until nothing is left in Miguel's arm but a pink flesh under dirt and dried blood.

At the last few critical moments of the battle, Miguel, who already lost his shield in the fighting, got swamp by those things. Exhausted and weakened, he simply cannot push the four undead on top of him while they started biting his arm. Greg and Bobby eventually rescued him, but his arm was mincemeat at that point.

Abruptly, Bobby stood up and studied the dead filled corridor lobby of the science building. Silently, Miguel watches the man who towered over him. He watches as Bobby's brow furrowed even more as he concentrated, thinking.

What are you thinking? What goes on in that mind of yours?

The first time he saw Bobby climbing up their safehouse, he knew that this guy is trouble. Not for the group, or even for him, but for Greg... and that he cannot allow.

It is not too far fetched to think of him and Greg as brothers, at least not in his eyes. His mom works for Greg's household for years as a dedicated babysitter, or what they call a "Yaya." For years, she took care of Greg like her own son, and in her fifth year of service, Greg's parents allowed her to bring her big and slow son into their household. Eventually, her mom had gotten weaker, and she is diagnosed to have cancer. Greg's family paid for all the hospital bills and her treatment, but sadly she was not able to conquer her illness and died, leaving young Miguel as an orphan.

Still, Greg's family treated him kindly and even paid for his education alongside their son. And on that day forward, he'd been protecting Greg ever since.

It's not as if Greg was a bad guy, it's just that he is so used to his family's wealth and power and the God-given good looks that sometimes he didn't even think of the consequences of his actions. Once, Greg's dad asked him to take care of the advertisement of one of their biggest hardware store in Manila, and Greg hired an award-winning director to plan their advertisement approach. The young director naively introduces his makeup artist fiancé to his client, and two days later, the staff is gossiping about the lewd noise coming out of the owner's trailer. Greg even comes out of the set with the young lady in his arms, to everyone's scandalous delight. When the angry director quit, it seems only Greg was puzzled why the director did so.