Book 2, Chapter 71:

Author's Note:

Thank you for letting me received a new milestone in my writing by getting 50k viewership.

*********************************

Bobby felt gratified watching the myriad of armored guards spread around the door towards the building and all of them are looking suspiciously at the new arrivals.

They were halted and were asked a password which of course Bobby had no idea about. Conveniently, Billy provided it for them, and they were reluctantly ushered inside.

As they walked in, Bobby heard two of them talking silently. "Is that him? The one they call the night butcher? He doesn't look much to me."

"I saw him cut that Amazon Viola into two without batting an eye. Dude is a stone-cold killer. You better watch it."

Bobby groaned. He was hoping to get some sort of a measured authority from the players for being a capable warrior and tactician, but not through fear as an unhinged killer.

When they walked inside an antechamber leading to the main hall of the building, Bobby suddenly decided to go on 'Sneak' mode. If Billy and the old man noticed him, they did not say anything and silently edged themselves inside the room.

There are at least 30 men and women inside the building where a council meeting is going on. They were all discussing and shouting and arguing and posturing to each other and Bobby can see that Melissa and her commanders were amongst them.

The prominent team leaders like Gil, Eric, and even the normally quiet Danillo was there angrily shouting back at the underbosses of the criminal organization. So is the mage Nicole who glowered silently behind them.

Melissa, of course, was at the center of it all. Bobby watched her for a second as she answered coolly a particularly catty remark from one of the female team leaders. Then there was Diego, the former jail guard that turned to be one of his intelligence officers, Darnell and Jenna who are the former teammates of Billy and then there are Amara, Cynthia and the loudmouth Gorio who are Bobby's former teammates, are now all leading their own teams due mainly because of the high casualty rate that day.

Bobby also recognized other people like the broad-shouldered Danding and his comrade Shane. Andrea and her ewoks were there as well. Most interestingly to Bobby at least, there are several civilians who had remained loyal to the base despite the suspicions heap upon them by the players. These are the truly honorable men who did not abandon their fellows despite the imminent danger to themselves and their own. They were led by an old man clerk called Solis, who simply watched the shouting matches with a resigned look on his face.

They were all fighting for the spoils of the battle when Bobby walked in, particularly just who will command the base and take over the warehouses filled with supplies just north of the location, and the attendant position it would mean to the individuals involved.

The deads outside are not even warm yet, and these jackals are already fighting for the choice meats, Bobby thought in disgust.

Andrea and the others are trying to keep the two sides apart while Diego and his people are trying to figure out which side he is on, that is, which side could bribe him the most.