Book 2, Chapter 36:

POV Amara:

The entire team runs back to the sixth floor, leaving behind Bobby's automaton to deal with the monster.

I watched as Bobby turned back and did something to the floor so that massive spikes suddenly grew from the ground pointing towards the same stairs that we came from.

Gorio, the bastard, is already on the stairs going to the fifth floor. I waited with my bows drawn for Bobby to finish. Lucas set up to my left side and Cynthia, looking haggard, waited for us in the stairs.

Bobby noticed the three of us and ordered us to move, to leave him. Our leader was strong but even he, who is probably close to level ten by now, can't easily handle whatever that thing is, by himsel-

A massive crash hit the floor, and heavy debris flew everywhere. When the dust settled, something stood up in the middle of the same field of spears that Bobby set up. Once the smoke cleared, there stood the biggest monster I've ever seen in my entire life.

It was a freaking Cyclops! Not the cute mutant who is banging Emma Frost, but an actual Greek myth, one-eyed monster!

The thing is standing in front of the field of spikes that Bobby created, all broken now, with no apparent damage. Bobby fell on his back from the explosion and is now crawling back with his elbow as he sought to gain space between him and the monster.

I just automatically release my arrows, one after the other, and prayed for the best. Several hit the monster eye head on, but the thing wasn't affected at all. Lucas begun firing to my left and Cynthia was ready to charge the thing with her axe!

If she did charge the monster, I have to tackle her or watch my friend die in front of me. That was my only option. I kept firing my bow but it's like shooting a damn wall, every arrow I release just bounced away from its thick skin.

Lucas is switching his bow for a crossbow. Trading his rate of fire for stopping power.

Bobby just appeared to the monster right holding a huge bastard sword with one hand and a spear in another. He was moving like a hurricane as he twisted and dodged and slashed at the monster with no results. His weapons might as well be twigs for all the damage it was giving the enemy.

The monster roared and did a hulk smash, cracking the ground where Bobby used to be. He came flying and twisting in the air over the monster's head. He dropped the bastard sword but held the spear in two hands as he tried to bury it over the monster's eye. There was a huge THUD! Sound and the spear hit the eye perfectly... but broke from the impact. The monster roared again, and I watched as Bobby had the presence of mind to throw something to the Cyclops mouth before jumping back down.

I wasn't sure, but I think I saw him threw pieces of glass inside the monster's mouth?

Bobby slid down and then used that Bubble magic he kept using when he had the cute baby with him, and this time he enveloped the head of the Cyclops.

The Cyclops trashed around with that bubble in his head, and then a massive explosion happened in its face. Water splashed everywhere, and even I was knocked down.