Chapter 19

Now that he lost his goal, Bobby ended up following the same convoy that was going to the central district. He hasn't decided yet if he will follow the convoy to the bay or just simply continue south and rely on being alone and nimble to avoid the zombies further down and get to his sister.

It would be embarrassing now to meet Greg's team while walking alone with the convoy since they are also following the same route, Bobby thought amused.

The convoy is made up of almost 6 thousand men and women and children. They clogged the arterial roads going south like a slow-moving herd. Many are still using vehicles but each one of them had an escort moving alongside to pushed abandoned vehicle to the side of the road. People like Bobby simply walk and they actually moved faster than those in the vehicle.

A commotion to his left grabs his attention. A young male thief is arguing with an older female mage.

"You sold me that same life potion just an hour ago for 75 silvers, and now you're asking for an entire gold piece for it!? No wonder you choose that class, you are a thief!"

"It's just a matter of economics, madam. Supply and demand. You need my product and I have a rather limited stock of this things. In fact, this is my last five vials."

"You said the same exact words to me about the last five vials I purchase from you an hour ago. That it's your last batch of potions!"

"Er... I kinda found a few more after that," He said lamely.

They were about to come to blows when Bobby noticed a young girl behind the woman. Half her face is covered in red painful blisters and half her hair is gone.

"Don't do it, Bobby," He said to himself. Don't you dare get yourself involve again in something that is none of your freaking business. This is so not worth it.

The mage raised her hand and a fireball emerges from it. The thief step back and 3 warriors behind him grab swords, axes and a battle hammer.

But before any blows can exchange a pure mana shield rose as a barrier between them and Bobby step up. "Guys! Guys! Are you insane? Zombies are right behind us and you guys are fighting against each other? Come on!"

"Stay out of this, young man. This has nothing to do with you," Said the Mage woman, still eyeing the Thief's group.

"ye man, go suck on something," Said the thief.

Great, now they are agreeing together because of my presence, Bobby thought. He turned his attention to the female mage. "You!" he said, pointing at the woman. "Why do you need that many life potions so badly? Are you treating someone?"

"That's none of your business, you-"

"Is it because of your left arm or the state of your daughter?"

The mage stop. She held her daughter behind her, who is looking down sadly. "My daughter's burns, unfortunately, is irrevocable. But my hands can still be fixed, I did it with my other arms when the zombie bit it. The life potion I drank then fix me up completely, but his potion just give me back some life points which steadily goes down over time again. I think his selling fake potions, the thief!"