Chapter 21

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2017 New Year to everyone!

*********************************************

"Here, I'm giving you my very first slingshot," Cass said seriously. "So you better take good care of her!"

"Gee Cass, I don't know what to say," Bobby smiled. "I-"

"For 3 gold coins of course. Money first," Cass continued, hands out

"What?! I could buy that stupid sling for 50 silvers in the store!"

"Ah! But this one has my signature on it!" Cass said, wiggling her eyebrows ridiculously.

Bobby laughed. He gave the three gold coins, and Cass scooped it up then shoved the slingshot to Bobby's chest. Bobby took it.

"Here's Greg's house address," Cass said a moment later, now completely serious. "Find your sister and the rest of your family then come back, you hear me?"

"Seriously? I don't think your peerless leader will like that," Bobby answered.

"After your little display?" Cass said scoffing. "There will be a revolt if he didn't take you in. and Miguel will be on our side!"

Bobby smiled wanly, covering his embarrassment by checking the slingshot. "Thank you for the, er, option. I appreciate that, but you know that I rather fight another horde than stay with that prick."

"That bad huh," Cass said, smiling sadly. "Have you talked to her at all?"

Cass didn't need to say who she was talking about. They both knew who is in Bobby's mind. With a weak smile, Bobby shook his head mutely.

Cass just nodded and smiled understandingly. Sandy walk near them and Bobby cornered her suddenly. "Hey Sandy, I got something for you," Bobby said smiling. Bobby pulled a quiver with a full set of 30 arrows. The arrows had a multicolor feather and a pink metal tip. "These are multi-elemental adamantine tip arrows. It is said that they can penetrate almost any armor except the Mythril kind, then scramble your inside with different elemental damages, cool huh?"

Sandy was looking at him in a weird way. "Whaat?" Bobby asked slowly.

Awkwardly, Sandy pulled out six quivers of the same set of arrows in her inventory.

"Oh," Bobby said, looking stupid now. He turned to Cass, who is now also showing at least 5 quivers of her own.

Before he could say anything else, Sandy hug her once again. "Goodbye, Bobby. If Cass thinks we'll see you again then I believe her."