Book 2, Chapter 95:

Malou opened her eyes to see the reinforced steel roof barely ten feet away from them but no longer falling.

"How...?" She started to say when her gaze ended up to Bobby.

The city of Manila had been filled with stories of hope, of courage, of determination, and the strength of perseverance. Anyone who had become a player during that very first day has, of course, stories to tell. How they fight through exhaustion, how they overcome despair, how they persevere, how they keep moving, keep trying while their bodies were long finish, and their mind ready to unravel. Malou, despite not being a player and therefore doesn't have the game system within her, was one of them. After surviving the apocalypse's first few chaotic days, it is easy to think that you've seen it all.

But Malou had never seen quite anything like Bobby as he held the world on his shoulder to keep his aunt from dying.

It wasn't the gritted teeth or the sweat falling down his face, Malou had seen all that hundreds of times before in varying degree. What she had never seen was that pure determination that lit Bobby's eyes. He has a goal. To save his aunt, and there will be nothing that will stand in his way to accomplished that task.

Someone gasped weakly, and to Malou's horror, it was Aunt Bella. She was awake.

"Nana!" Cried Alex and she was by her side in an instant.

Malou crawled towards them as well and kneeled next to the old lady. She checked her pulse, then her breathing, her colorings, the movement of her chest, and her facial reactions. She has major internal bleeding. How much she didn't know, Malou thought.

If she is only relying on standard medical capabilities, then the old woman is already dead. It didn't matter if they can bring her to the latest state of the art medical facility. The injuries are simply too many, too deep for them to do anything in the next few minutes to matter.

But good thing this brave new world has introduced a new variable in terms of healing. And that factor is magic.

Bobby found her and held her gaze. "What do I need to do to save her?" Bobby asked with gritted teeth.

Malou looked at Bobby, then to Alex, and finally to the old woman.

"It's alright,... It's my time... I'm ready," Aunt Bella said with a warm weak smile.

"Don't say that!" Alex said, tears in her eyes.

Bobby ignored them and held Marylou's gaze. "What do I need to do?"

More commotion can be heard from the outside of the warehouse. Bobby's mage sight is working in overdrive, and he can feel the mana lines of Melissa and many other familiar lines milling just outside the ruined structure. Reinforcement has arrived, but what they can do to help him is totally another matter.

Malou held the old lady's forehead. Her face is now concentrating in full as she tried to imitate Bobby. "The moment you lift that ... mountain off her, the biggest problem will be blood loss. Her blood pressure will go down the drain in a matter of seconds, and then her organs will shut down one by one. You need to find a way to replenish her blood to give her a fighting chance."Bobby shook, and for a split second, the reinforced steel rooftop drops a few inches. Bobby's neck was literally shaking from the effort of his psychokinetic hold.