Chapter 10

Cass gulped as she stared at the giant zombie towering over her.

Its disproportionally big head and longer limbs made the thing almost ape-like in appearance, buts its milky white dead eyes cannot hide it from what it truly is: a freaking zombie.

Cass sharp eyes were distracted by a shadowy movement in its stomach, behind its torn shirt. 'The eye!' she thought in a flash.

Immediately, her slingshot was up and firing a double tap in the creatures stomach. The bastard didn't even budged when her rock bullets bounce off him. The thing look at its stomach then growled.

The hair in the back of Cass' neck stood up in frightening realization. The creature understood where I am aiming at! And it doesn't like it...

The thing raised its arm and smash it down where Cass used to be, but she was gone.

"Oooffh!" Cass exhaled as the wind whooshed out of her lungs as Bobby tackled her into the ground, thus saving her life.

Cass pushed Bobby off her, "I almost got it," She said. "That thing would have been dead if -"

Bobby forced her head to look at the giant zombie once more. "Does that thing look like it's dying to you?!" Almost on cue, the giant roared once more when it realize that its victim got away.

Four magical missiles blew up over its shoulder and it staggered to one side, almost losing its balance. Bobby turned and a mage halted ten meters to their left. Bobby and Cass separated, Cass firing on the move trying to blind the creature while Bobby charges the thing head on.
At the last moment, Bobby rolled to the ground and stab the monster's left foot with his short sword, deep to the hilt. The creature roared once more and bobby used the time to observe it from behind, hoping to spot the elusive eye.

"Damn it," Bobby said giving up when the thing turned sideways trying to look for Bobby.

Bobby run circles around the slow moving monster, his spear in front of him, all the while looking for the eye.

Screams and shouting came to Bobby from the entrance, distracting him. The entrance was breach once again, but again Greg and the others rallied and the breached was ferociously contained, no quarters were sought or given, the undead were forced back and a few more moments of time was gained.

"Kill the damn thing!" Cass shouted at him, as she send another volley of stones smacking the face of the monster. The Mage was right beside her but he was not using magic because it might hit Bobby. The Mana around him was palpable though, indicating that he was ready in a moment's notice.

Magic.

Mana.

Bobby turned to the giant creature and concentrated, his eyes turned blue once more and suddenly he can see the flow of mana going over and under the body of the beast. Studying the mana flow, he observes them concentrate in the creatures left thigh and he suddenly realize where the eye is hiding.