Book 2, Chapter 28:

A knock at the door made the colonel look up from his conversation with Bobby. The pretty secretary excused herself as she entered. The woman has a weary look in her beautiful face and a tired displacement but her spirit is still alive and kicking.

"Sir, I'm sorry to bother you, but these papers needed to be signed right now or twelve teams will not be able to move on their missions."

The colonel sighed and gestured for the secretary to come in. The secretary, whom Bobby didn't remember getting her name, started dropping piles of paper in front of the base commander.

The commander looks at his secretary with disgust on his face. "This is only for twelve teams?!"

The woman nodded solemnly, as the commander grumpily started signing documents. "You think a Base Commander's job is to lead the defense of the base, think of strategy about bold stratagems, and giving big speeches? No, my job is to sign papers all day of every fucking day! It's the damn apocalypse, and there is still a fucking bureaucracy!"

Bobby turned to look at the secretary. Apparently, she already heard all of this before. Eventually, the commander settled down. "So after you declare that you're planning to replace me with your sister, what happened next?"

Bobby stared at him. You think your position makes you the king now? He thought contemptuously. My plans for my sister is way higher than being just a Base Commander. You, Colonel Sorya, will reach a far higher position than the one you have now, and STILL, you will serve my sister and her new empire.

"Well?"

Bobby shrugged. "We ate dinner, talk a bit, and then went to our respective beds."

"What did you guys talk about?"

Bobby hesitated for a moment. "... baby talk?"

*********************************

Bobby sat in a chair facing his family who sat on the sofa facing him. Between them was the baby sitting on the floor covered by a sleeping mat spread out by Bobby and half a dozen glossy magazines that the baby gleefully tore apart.

Besides his family, Billy was also there. Bobby found out that Billy visited his Aunt and his sister every night when he was still gone and it sort of becomes a tradition for Billy to eat dinner with them. Since Bobby cannot wait anymore, he included the boy in the secret.

"Let me get this straight, the baby came out..." Billy said with a mixture of horror and fascination in his face. "Off a zombie's dead vagina?"

"No, you perv. I cut open the zombie's stomach, and I pulled the baby out that way."

"It doesn't matter which part of the zombie the baby came out from!" Alex suddenly shouted. "It came from a zombie! Why are none of you freaking out about this?!"

Bobby flinched when his sister use 'It' when she mentioned the baby.