Book 2, Chapter 11:

Two significant veins burst out at the back of Bobby's neck. His sight turned white for a second, and he stumbled to his knees. He gasped as he felt warm blood gushed out of him.

The baby was just lucky that he had the presence of mind to shove his arm out in front of him and thus arrested his fall. Else he would have crushed the baby with his body. Despite all his careful efforts, the baby started crying since the sudden stops and jerky movements are violently moving her in different directions and she didn't like it. "Uuuuungaaa!" She cried.

Bobby meanwhile, fell to his side as he felt his strength ebbed out of him. Luckily his arms moved of its own volition, and he activated his healing magic, covering his wound at the back of his neck. If he didn't do this immediately, he would have no more strength in him in a matter of two minutes, and he would have died from blood loss in another two.

He felt the healing magic repair his burst arteries and then replenished his blood loss. His marrow started to ache as they work overtime to reproduce those blood. Suddenly he can exhale again. He didn't realize that he was holding his breath.

And so he sighed as he let his body rest on the cold cement floor of the hospital building. Despite his transformation oath, it took him almost an hour to clear the hospital building and its surrounding area of zombies.

Almost two thousand zombies tracked him into the hospital, but there are at least another three thousand zombies in a ten-block radius. So when he was able to wipe out the zombies inside the hospital quickly enough, he got greedy and started killing the surrounding zombies using the mana lines as well.

He can easily feel the zombies using the mana line, but it gets harder and harder to cut the thread of life as the zombies become further and further away. Finally just moments ago, he made one massive mistake too many with the soul blade, and he lost focus, thus ending his transformation oath, and his arteries burst as a consequence. It will need to renew in another 24 hours before he can use the transformation oath once again.

He flinched when he saw the splatter of blood hit the baby's towel. The grumpy baby is still sniffling from her discomfort, unaware of the small blood that's in her cheek.

Bobby gently wiped the blood away with his shirt, and the baby barely stirred.

"You look okay, at least," Bobby said to the baby. A while ago in the dental office, the girl was like a dark prune and so tiny. Now at least her skin straightened out, and her pinkish glow looks healthy.

Bobby is grateful that the baby girl, up to now, is not too handful. She wanted only to sleep, and she gets angry only if people disturb her. She isn't hungry, or pooping or cranky just to be cranky.

For that, Bobby is eternally grateful, for he himself had a lot to do. And keeping himself alive from his many injuries is one of them.