Chapter 8- it happened

I didn't know what was happening or how I was feeling. I fell on Brad's bed and just started crying. I couldn't stop.

'Hey hey hey, come here Jas! What's wrong?' Brad was hugging me tight, I didn't want to let go.

'Brad I, I, I think I like you but I don't want to, I can't' I said through my tears.

'What? What do you mean you can't?'

'You've just got signed, your whole life is about to change and me? I'll still be here living my life but you won't be in it. I won't get to see you as much as I do now and I already feel like I'm losing my bestfriend' I cried harder.

'Hey shhh calm down ok! Now you look at me' he lifted up my chin and turned to my face. He wiped away my falling tears with his thumb and had his hands on my cheeks. 'You, Jasmine Carter, are the best person in my life right now and you always will be. Yes, things will change and we'll have to all get used to it but I promise you that I'll never leave you alone because I want you there every step of the way ok. Do you hear me? I'm not leaving you anytime soon.'

*Brad's POV*

I cant believe I've had Jas balling her eyes out in front of me, that made me feel terrible! Was she really that unhappy about me leaving? I hate seeing her cry, I hate knowing she's upset. I held her as tight as I could, I promised I'll never leave her and I won't ever break it.

'Brad?' She said softly, still gripping onto me.

'Yes?'

'What will happen when things change massively?'

'I can't say definite because I don't know. Anything could happen Jas, please don't worry though because I'll be by your side the whole time ok?' I kissed her on the forehead and we lay back on the bed.

'Brad, I'm really sorry for that break down! I don't know where it came from, it's just been building up since last night and I just, I'm sorry'

'Shhh it's ok, honestly. Now calm down, you're getting flustered again.'

'I'm lucky to have you in my life' Jas looked up at me, kissed me on the cheek then rested her head on my chest again.

'I love you' I whispered. I don't think she heard me but it's ok, I'd tell her when the time was right.